All Topics / General Property / Buyers Agents

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of RoxyRoxy
    @roxy

[:)] Hi all

I think I just put this question in the wrong section. Oh well…
    Does anyone have any words of wisdom to share regarding buyers agents. Paying someone to do all the leg work. Not having a car and not having the time to get out and source properties in regional area’s makes the whole process of property purchusing go nowhere. Has anyone used an third party to specifically find positive cashflow properties for them?

cheers [;)]
    Rox

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi roxy

there is certainly a place for buyers agents but

the education you gain by doing the research yourself is just so valuable. you really need to do it yourself if you want to become a true property investor. its the process of learning how to find and do the deal that will make you wealthy just as much as the property itself.

bye westan

Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

Roxy,

I personally find using a buyers agent the only way to go when investing interstate. I used a realestate agent that acted as a buyers agent for me by showing me property that wasn’t listed with her organisation. Also I used a reputable buyers agent to help me buy a commercial property.
    The point I would make is that you need to be actively involved in finding the right agent and then make sure they are finding what YOU WANT.
    Lets face it we cant be flying interstate every week can we?
    To buy residential locally I wouldn’ use a buyer because I could do it myself.

MJK

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi MJK,

Can you please tell me about your buyers agent.

Cheers

Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

Sent an email to you.

MJK

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

I am also interested if you don’t mind, MJK, just to look into it as I find it really hard to find time as well when you have kids and a busy life. I’d appreciatre it, here’s my email: [email protected]

Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

Email sent.

Perhaps I sould say that I don’t think my agents will be the type to find “11 second rule” properties, although the commercial property is, it was $470,000 which may not fit everyones criteria.
    The residential agent found me capital growth properties that I could nuetrally gear.

MJK

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Thanks a lot MJK,

Cheers

Profile photo of RoxyRoxy
    @roxy

Me too please…..

my email is [email protected]

thanks MJK…. [:D]
    Roxy

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Roxy,

Just took the liberty of sending you a property list from an investment group I hear from occassionally.

It isn’t a sales pitch or even an endorsement – just for info.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Thanks MJK, I keep it in mind.

Profile photo of WinteroseWinterose
    Participant
    @winterose

Hi Roxie,
    If you have not bought an investment property before you need to do the legwork yourself. If you have bought before, buyers agent are great especially for interstate purchases, I have bought one property in Qld with one, and now on the lookout for a second one with a new agent. However they do not tend to have much knowledge about country propertie or positive gearing.
    Best of luck [:X]
    Cookie

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.