All Topics / Forum Frolic / Matrix Trilogy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of comdomcomdom
    Participant
    @comdom

Any fans of the Matrix Trilogy out their?[;)]

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi comdom

i’m a fan of the Matrix. thought it was one of the best films ever.
    but i was very disappointed with the reloaded one, hopefully they can turn it around for number 3.

westan

Profile photo of comdomcomdom
    Participant
    @comdom

Why were you disapointed with number 2?

@westan

hi comdom

i thought that it wasn’t consistent with the first one. in that, at the end of the 1st one he was superhuman (while in the matrix) and in the 2nd he was just very good, he seemed to have lost his power ?
    plus it was a bit long, with a lot of boring bits.

westan

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

“at the end of the 1st one he was superhuman (while in the matrix) and in the 2nd he was just very good, he seemed to have lost his power ?”

You kidding right? He was flying at the speed of sound and fighting 100 agent smiths at once!

I agree though, the 2nd one was a letdown. There were no new plots really, just a rehash of the first. We discovered the oracle was a program, and met the architect, discovering the “matrix cycle”. Agent smith is out of control but who cares. Still, a bad matrix movie is still better than a bad regular movie……

http://www.posigear.8k.com

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

I had to fight falling asleep in the second movie. Some of the action scenes were great, but otherwise it was pretty ordinary. The 1st was excellent.
    I guess they don’t make movies like Altered States, Blade Runner or Highlander like they used to!
    Waiting for something really special to come to the movies..

Cheers
    Soosh [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

@westan

hi all

“You kidding right? He was flying at the speed of sound and fighting 100 agent smiths at once!”

yes he was but given his power at the end of the 1st film he didn’t even need to fight, bullets fell out of the sky. he should have be able to stand there and they couldn’t hurt him. thats why i thought it was inconsistant.
    westan

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

So I don’t have to see the second movie. [:)]

Participant
    @comdom

I enjoyed the second movie as i did the first and i think it was fantastic. As for inconsistancy i think thats what most sequels are like, i am 37 and i have not seen a movie that has matched the calibre of these since i was in my 20’s( Aliens, Terminator,ect ).I think it would be harder for younger people to appreciate it as i did, as i like a good Sci-fi action movies. Cant wait for the 3rd ive got my gold pass tickets booked.
    Dom[;)]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Just saw some shorts of the 3rd installment…should be good, visuals look pretty awesome. humans in a fighting machine ( reminds me of the Alien movie where Sigourney weaver get’s into the forklift type machine to fight the aliens… but the Matrix ones are on steriods), guns blazing etc..

Have you seen Animatrix ??

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Participant
    @comdom
    Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I saw just the first one….
    I want to see the others, just havent had the motivation… I’ll get it on DVD… LOL [:D][:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of Wilko91Wilko91
    @wilko91

Westan I think that you are wrong regarding the need to fight comment. The reason Neo needs to fight Agent smith in the second film is that Agent smith is starting to realise that he too can bend the rules of the Matrix. That is why Neo must fight him because they are begining to come on the same par! I saw the third one last night and although exceptionally good it was a slight let down from what I thought they could have done. A lot is explained in the final chapter and needs time to digest but I still loved it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.