All Topics / General Property / Property Managers and visits

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of DeniceDenice
    @denice

A friend of mine questioned that I would be able to charge the air fare & accomm & dinner against my tax if I already had a property manager. I’m sure a visit to your property interstate is available to you twice a year whether you have a PM or not. I would be interested in hearing others comments as we have just booked our ticket to Qld and want to make sure its O.K.

Thanks

DN

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Denice

I don’t know about the dinner, but definitely the airfare and accom is claimable, provided the purpose of your trip was the property, and you’re not staying up there for a week or so. Speak with your accountant to clarify – they have much better info than friends I have found out.[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of annaw2annaw2
    Participant
    @annaw2

Hi Denise,

Airfares and accommodation are claimable – keep your receipts. Also if you drive, mileage is claimable as well. Keep a diary with everything relating to your property so your accountant has everything at tax time.

Also going to Q shortly, a few days to inspect, including 2 we have not yet seen.

Anna

Profile photo of ddtaprellddtaprell
    @ddtaprell

We have gone up to QLD the past two years Once we flew only to Brisbane claimed airfares, meals and accomodation, car hire petrol etc parking fees at airprt and milage to and from airport.(100ks eachway for us). Drove once to Noosa s[pent a day coming back to Brisbane for inspection, Accountant claimed most of our total milage and meals and accomadation there and back. nice weeks holiday and mostly tax deductable.
    Keep all receipts.
    I have been told usually only 1 long distance trip with a PM but creative accounting can work wonders.
    PMs shold offer you a letter stating that you have been for an inspection

Enjoy your break

Debra [:I]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.