All Topics / Opinionated! / which bank? forget it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

The kids have accounts at Commonwealth bank…to start them on the way to saving. Its not alot of money…..but its theirs [:)]

Now…..we are moving soon into my brothers place. Its empty and we thought we may as well take advantage of him…I mean it LOL [:P] Same suburb diff street is all…..

I rang the bank, explained that I needed to change the kids addresses, and they asked to speak to the kids. I said no…because apart from being painfully shy and easily embarassed, the poor kids wouldnt have been able to answer the questions they wanted answering…BUT!! I was NOT allowed to answer them for them!!!!! I pointed out I was the parent AND the account was also in MY name….yet again…the woman I spoke to INSISTED on talking to my daughters. She heard my daughter in the back ground saying “No mummy you do it” and told me she couldnt help me!! I was amazed…coz if my 10 year old was a 2 year old….what sense would they have gotten anyway!!??

*shaking head* a bank asking and then demanding to speak to children and ignoring a parents request!!

Now the kids want their money in their hands..coz they think the bank will keep it. As my 10 year old said “mum at least if I keep it…I can take it with me when I move”

Grrrrrrrrrr @ the commonwealth….

OK Ive ranted [B)] [B)]

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I’m not a fan of CBA even though (more likely because) I worked there for a number of years. Things like this just give people the irrits.

I sometimes wonder if certain organisations (like CBA) attract certain kinds of staff (little hitlers) or whether the system turns the staff into these kinds of people.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey Pinky, if the account is in your name etc. etc. how come you had to change the kids’ addresses?

Next time just ring up and say we’re moving house and these are our account details.

Our internet account is in my friend’s sons name – he moved back home, they had ADSL, so i took over his Telstra connection. I rang up to query the bill, gave the account number, stated the problem etc. She then said, ‘You’re not the account holder, is he there, I need to speak to him’. (Obviously I mustn’t sound like a boy!!). I said ‘I haven’t told you my name, how do you know I’m not the account holder?’. She then asked my name and I said it’s Chris Bloggs. I think he gives Telstra hell all the time, cos her tone immediately changed, she couldn’t do enough, and couldn’t get off the phone quickly enough!!

Long story to say, just pretend you are them – like with me they couldn’t say ‘you sound like a girl’ cos then I’d have EEO or whatever all over them!![:)][}:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Pinky,
    My kids also have accounts with the CBA, I don’t have any.
    When we moved recently, I sent an email to the CBA through their website asking if I could change their addresses. All I had to do was send their account numbers and the last known transaction date and they’d change it for me. It’s been done now.
    Worth a try…
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I received a call from the bank yesterday [:)] The details are all changed….all they need is a confirmation fax to verify signitures. They also admitted that the call centre were in the wrong and had given me false information.

“management is looking in to it” [:P]hahahahaha

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.