All Topics / Value Adding / [moved] PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT INFO – WHAT TO DO???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of SnowgumSnowgum
    @snowgum

I have heard that developers are needed in certain rural towns because of an expected influx of people over the next few years. I would like to become involved but do not have any experience. Can anyone give me some advice?????

Snowgum

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Snowgum,

What type of development are you talking about? Is it just buying a block of land in the town and building a house or are you planning to develop some land into housing lots?

I know of one place in Nth Qld where the town is expected to boom because of nearby mining – house prices and rentals have already gone through the roof but there is opportunity to buy land and build – if you can get a builder.

bribie

Profile photo of SnowgumSnowgum
    @snowgum

Hi Bribie

The Councils are actually asking suitable developers to contact them regarding building houses/units/townhouses – approximately 250 new residences in all.

Snowgum

Profile photo of sunshinesunshine
    @sunshine

Hi Snowgum
    Wouldnt you be wary getting into something with no experience in a town that was ‘supposed to boom’? I would be questioning to who’s advantage is this vision. Good way to push sales up, any hidden agenda’s. Who really owns the land.

Also, make sure the town has something else to offer and does not hinge solely on the (one?) mining company. If so, do your stuff and look at the long term plans. If this were true for this town there would be a need for other services that may not be there eg laundromat, shops etc etc – find out what the town planning vision is, what the future is for this town. What the demograhics are, Ive worked in mining towns and just about everyone I knew rented, was of a younger age and quite transient. Just a few things you may not have considered.
    Cheers. Sunshine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.