All Topics / Opinionated! / Bill From Oz

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi all

Well I thought give credit where credit is due.
    Bill from Oz came on this forum offering to be a mentor for no cost. FREE.

Well I responded to Bills invitation. Bill has done alot of work for me looking at my situation and producing a professional assessment of our particular situation.

At no stage did Bill try and sell anything or ask for renumeration.

To all the doubting thomases Bill is genuine and from talking to him on the phone he is a person of vast experience and gives it to you straight.

There was no short answers and then an invitation to a seminar this was quality stuff which would in my estimation cost significantly for time and experience.

There was no hidden agenda with Bill he is dinky di. I admire that.

So to all of you that took up Bills offer how about posting and rally for Bill i am sure you would’ve all had the same professional courtesy.

Thankyou Bill

alf

Profile photo of Native_MetaLNative_MetaL
    @native_metal

yes i agree with you Alf i have found bill to be extreamly helpfull with the questions i have asked him

Thank you bill for taking the time to help me
    there arn’t many guys around like yourself

Profile photo of MrCharchieMrCharchie
    @mrcharchie

I’ll third that guys. Bill has also assisted me with the queries and concerns that i have had. I thank him for that.
    Definately a gr8 guy.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I chat with Bill a fair bit. He is definately on the up and up and I believe that he is at a stage in his life where he gets a lot of pleasure out of helping others.

I don’t know how many people even Bill can take on though!

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of FALCONFALCON
    Participant
    @falcon

I agree, i feel we are lucky to have himon this forum he has aswered many of my questions directly and indirectly on the forum.

Profile photo of George1George1
    @george1

Hi everyone,

Bill gave me some advice on a situtation where I was being ripped of by a business/life coach. Bill’s advice was quite helpful and if anyone out there requires Bill’s talent I would be happy to recommend him. [:D]

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

I have spoken to bill twice i think and had a few emails going b/w us and found him very helpfull, and at not cost at all i may add.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

I have emailed bill a couple of times and find him vey genuine in his concern for others. Its amazing what you can pick up from him. I’m very gratefull that he’s helping me
    Bill- I will get that info you need to you soon

Profile photo of DinoWebDinoWeb
    @dinoweb

People have asked – what’s in it for Bill?

I don’t really know, but I would like to relay the following story. This really happened to me, and it has changed my life for the better, even if only in a small way.

Ten years ago, I was backpacking through Europe. A friend and I decided to take a bicycle tour for the day, and met another guy on the tour. Turns out he was in town on business, a regular part of his job, and we ended up spending the afternoon in one of the local bars.

We eventually decided to get dinner at a nearby restaurant. Being on a limited budget, my friend and I lumped for the cheapest thing on the menu. This other guy though, whose name I can no longer remember, insisted we eat whatever we liked. He paid for the whole lot. He claimed that our company for the afternoon had been great, since he usually spent his free time sitting in his motel room, watching TV. He would take no payment from us, not even a free beer.

His only request was that, in the future, could we repeat his kindness to others we may meet during our lives.

I have done so many times since, only ever asking the same thing in return, and always felt better for it.

If Bill wants to give away his time and knowledge for free, I say good on him. He has his own reasons for doing so, and I for one will not think less of the man simply because he gets something out of it that other people can’t see.

Dino

“If you don’t know where you are going, every road will take you there.”

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Dino,

That is my philosophy too.

Years ago when we were expats in an Asian country we bent over backwards to make new folks welcome and help them out where we could. Our reason? So many folks were wonderful to us and we wanted to repay that indirectly.

It is the same with so many things in life and I try to always give a little more than expected. It can be fun to do nice things for folks and it always comes back to you.

So many times it is treated with suspicion, but that soon wears off.

What goes around comes around!

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Shirley_2Shirley_2
    @shirley_2

Dino – what a lovely lesson for us all. Thanks for sharing your story. There are too many mean-spirited people in the world – let’s all be nice to others, and especially to the mean-spirited ones.

Special thanks to Bill for his offer to help anyone!

Profile photo of Prop16Prop16
    @prop16

Yes, as a mentor Bill has tought me a lot about Investing in Properties without expecting anything back. I’m also very grateful for that.

To be able to help other people and to give his knowledge to other people in the need….I’m sure it gives him not only satisfaction but also happiness in life! The rewards will surely come by itself.

Not many people are like Bill nowadays. It’s unusual in the current world and that’s why some people are suspecious which again is understandable.

I think it’s never wrong to help other people in life, what ever it is. The more one could forget his/her own interest the healthier one becomes.

Apart from the IP Business, Bill, I’m glad to have you as a mate!

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Prop16,

I have not worked out how to cut and paste here.

Quote: “Yes, as a mentor Bill has taught me a lot about Investing in Properties without expecting anything back”.

I know that Bill can improve .. give him time!

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi all

how about putting some effort in. I cant believe with all the FREE help Bill has given and the amount of E mails he would’ve received and phone calls only 10 took time to respond and acknowledge his efforts.

Lets do better than that recognition is important for ones efforts. Dont take anything for granted and appreciate this experience and knowledge Bill is sharing FREE on a one on one.

regards
    alf

Profile photo of JetstreamJetstream
    @jetstream

Hi

Thanks Bill for your advice, it is much appreciated to have someone to learn from. Your opinions are interesting and I hope that everyone recognises your vast experience and knowledge.

Thanks for your insight…very interesting!!

Jet[:D]

Profile photo of ComsolComsol
    Participant
    @comsol

Hi everyone,

I responded to Bill’s offer and got an email response in very short time. I have since chatted to him by phone and found him both knowledgeable and helpful. He reinforced my own thinking (that is to sit and wait for a while) and I respect his many years of experience in the industry. Let’s all take a leaf out of Bill’s book and help others when we have the opportunity to do so. At the end of the day, it’s not how much money we have that matters, but how many people can call us their friend.

Thanks Bill,

Cheers,

David [:D]

OPM – use Other People’s Money and learn from Other People’s Mistakes
    [email protected]

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi All,

I went to a Lady Club meeting this morning. There, we had 1 minute silence at 11 am – It’s Remembrance Day – and I thought of Bill and his 2004 project. He wrote in another thread that : “I am doing a fund raising Motor Bike Ride in 2004 from Hanoi to Binh Ba… a Battle ground ..June 6th 1969 – the trip. 2,500 km in total. Need a committee to help me with fund raising….. World Vision Australia have given me 2 Projects that the Aussie Govt. will match $3 for each $1 I raise…..HELP …My idea is to get schools/kids in Aussie to sponsor.Would like to raise US$100k. Any help appreciated.”.

I haven’t asked Bill for any of his advice because I think I already owe him something and I don’t want to owe people too much. I believe happiness comes from givings. In June 1969 the government sent him from this peaceful country to the war zone in VN, at the same time they took me here from there to educate me. Sometimes life is not fair, is it? I am touched when I know what he tries to do. Bill has already accepted my offer as the “No 1 sponsor”, 10c for each km = $250. (money from selling my IP recently [:)]). I will try to do whatever I can to support his project. He needs much more help and the more is the better.

Can you help with idea or do fund raising or sponsor Bill’s project?

Regards

Huey

PS: Sorry Steve for raising this matter here. I don’t know wherelse [:P]

Profile photo of Prop16Prop16
    @prop16

Bill,
    following Huey’s example I’ll add another $100.- to the fund raising for your VN project although I haven’t got one IP yet. The Kids over there need the money more then I do.
    What’s the account no. so I can transfer it by net?
    You’re a good man Bill!

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Benny

Thanks Mate..but I’m just recording the promises.

World Vision Australia will contact the sponsors after I have completed the trip and they will receipt the funds. Tax deductible receipts.

Thanks very much Benny and you too Huey.

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of stargazerstargazer
    Participant
    @stargazer

Hi Bill

You can count me in for $100 no problem.

regards
    alf

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.