All Topics / General Property / 1.5% residential vacancy rate

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Pebbles_2Pebbles_2
    @pebbles_2

Just thought I would let everyone know some statistics I found in todays paper.
    Ballarat rental properties continue to be snapped up by a voracious housing market with the latest real estate figures revealing a 1.5 % residential vacancy rate.
    Ballarat has the lowest residential vacancy rate in Victoria at 1.5%.
    The state vacancy rate is 3.7%.
    Geelong 2.7% and Bendigo 2%.
    Go Ballarat!

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

ballarat is cold
    westan

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi pebbles

a serious response

i don’t own in Ballarat, but i have a very good impression of the city.

some things in my mind going for it apart from the weather.
    1. fast train link to the Melbourne
    2. growing number of people relocating from the city to live there
    3. growing university
    4 the governemnt new million dollar push for people to move from Melbourne.
    5 a beautiful city

yes a well selected Ballarat property should do well
    westan

Profile photo of anchanch
    Participant
    @anch

does ballarat obey the 11s rule?
    i had a quick look and saw one property for $200000 and renting for just $110!

Profile photo of wizzzardwizzzard
    @wizzzard

Hi guys. I’ve been to Ballarat as well, from over here in the wild west. Not only is it cold, but bloody freezing as well!![:O]

Profile photo of brownrabbitbrownrabbit
    Participant
    @brownrabbit

Hey all, new to this site ! . I have just bought My 4th property in Ballarat, an absolute beauty. This one i am going to live in and develop. It’s a very centrally located historic four bedroom home on two titles.I paid $395,000 for it, i can get $350pw rent for the house and i can sell or develop the second title.Or i could even turn the house into a bed and breakfast , tourism is the big thing in that town. The Ballarat market so strong strong at the moment that the good properties are sold in 10 minutes!! You really have to be there to get the best buys . I am in Geelong , where my other 3 prpreties are, and i spent 3 months searching . BE Very CAREFUL of the the system of sale up most agents seem to use up there. They advertise astarting price and you have to engage in a dutch auction over the phone with other supposed offers . I reneged on two properties before i eventually bought beacause i suspected the other bids didn’t even exist . I dealt with Sewell in the end who seem to be the best and most honest.
    love this site .. BROWNRABBIT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.