All Topics / General Property / Investor Needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Pebbles_2Pebbles_2
    @pebbles_2

I am wondering how to go about attracting an investor in a deal I am interested in.
    I haven’t worked out the whole deal yet and what my % should be compared to the investors. Any ideas would be helpful.
    I am in the middle of a sub-division at the moment, so I cannot put any money into the deal just yet.
    The deal is:
    I have found a house on 32 acres for $380,000.
    I want to sub-divide into 5 x 5 acre lots and a
    1 x 7 acre lot with the house.
    The house is a 4 bedroom, brick veneer, central heating and 2 bathrooms, 5 car garage.
    Sell house for $310,000 on 15 acres.
    Sell 5 x 5 acre lots for $80,000 each (conservative) = $400,000
    Costs: $80,000 sub-division (power,water,council)
    Stamp Duty: $21,000 on house.
    bank/solicitor costs: $2,000.
    Potential $300,000 profit.
    I need an investor to apply for and service the loan for the house for 6 to 12 months (that’s how long the sub-division should take).
    I will put up the money for the sub-division costs which = $80,000.
    How do you work out a fair %. Also is anyone on the forum interested?
    If you need any more information, please e-mail me.
    [email protected]
    Thank You.
    Lee.

Profile photo of shanebalshanebal
    @shanebal

I just thought I’d take some time to reply to you Pebbles as I think there are some things you haven’t considered.

Tax. Both Income and GST. I assume this will be done through P/L company so you don’t attract CGT. For each prop you’ll have to pay 10% GST. And on your EBIT you’ll have to pay company income tax at 30%.

Interest payments. Your investor may have to make these if they are servicing the house loan through a standard mortgage.

Your council/power/water costs are OK but it all depends on what conditions the council imposes as part of the development approval.

I also think your legals are a little low but that’s neither here no there.

Doing a quick calc, assuming a everything goes to plan and there are no overuns, I see a profit of more like $150K-180K.

Regards,

Shane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.