All Topics / Heads Up! / Dear Steve…God & Financial Freedom

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of cliffordclifford
    Participant
    @clifford

Dear Steve,

What are God’s thoughts on Financial Freedom?[/i]

I feel that God must agree with such freedom and actively pursues it’s path.
    Otherwise God would simply employ or be employed
    If that was the case, workmates, are bound to recognise God, leak it to the press for monetary gain or convert the non believers.. We all, therefore, would know if God was holding down a 9-5. Since I’ve not heard anything to the contrary, I must assume that God is financially free

Financial Freedom rewards us with time for reflection & contemplation allowing silence for self realisation. I feel that God is in full support of this. Financial Freedom is a great idea & I would like a slice of this freedom cake too.

I was advised from a reliable source that I need a “mentor” to assist me over the odd hurdles, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable unless I could give back or contribute to that mentor too.

I would very much value a chat so we could discuss how I may be of some help to you![:)]

Clfford Avery
    PH 02 9299 1311

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Hmmmmm… I sense this is dangerous ground, but oh well.

The Bible is clear that you cannot serve two masters, and that you must choose between serving God and serving money.

Having said that, my understanding is that financial freedom is a great goal, provided that you keep God as the #1 priority.

It is certainly no sin to be rich, so long as you remain humble before God and mindful that it is He who blesses you.

This is a work in progress for me, and might actually one day turn into another book.

Clifford, if you want to get in touch, send an e-mail to [email protected]

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Clifford,

There are two tangible answers to your question, one of which is in the Bible.

Ask and you shall receive.

The Mentor arrives when the Student is ready.

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

It always concerns me when the two get involved in the same thought (that is money and G-d).

G-d is not bound by money (from what I’m told).
    Remember Money is a man-made invention. It is no master yet it makes slaves.

Re: Financial Freedom

quote:

I feel that God is in full support of this

What if you didn’t feel either way, whether G-d supported it or not? Would that change your desire to be financially free?

Just curious?

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of C2C2
    Participant
    @c2

God creates man, man creates money, money destroys God and man, money is left Wasn’t this in a movie somewhere?

C2
    Is it true the more you owe the more you grow until the bank steps in?”

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Wow, this is getting deep !!
    I don’t mean to be rude but i don’t feel as though i’m a religious person… I am Catholic, wear a crucifix, and thank God when something goes my way… that’s about it. [:)]

I do believe however that if God was to look down and see someone making themselves financially secure through smart investing why could that possibly be a problem ??

Cheers,
    Paul…

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

I think at the end of the day that if you are lucky enough to be blessed by god in the way of having a free life with no money problems, and you use some of your money to help others throughout your life, whether it be giving to charities or organising days out for sick kids, etc you will have performed gods will i would think .

Fudge111

Profile photo of DinoWebDinoWeb
    @dinoweb

I am not a religious man but do firmly believe in God.

From Steve “The Bible is clear that you cannot serve two masters, and that you must choose between serving God and serving money.”

At the moment I work for money. That makes me it’s servant.

I want my money to work for me. That makes me it’s master.

By this logic, and this is what I beleive, trying to gain financial independence can not therefore be frowned on by God, as long as you do it in an ethical way.

Equally important though, why do you want to be financially independent? Yes, I want to be able to “retire” as soon as possible, but the over riding reason is that I really want to be able to give more, primarilly to my family, but to the community as well.

If I can be more generous by being more financially free, then I don’t see how this can possibly be a bad thing.

Dino

“If you don’t know where you are going, every road will take you there.”

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

I believe that there is nowhere in the Bible that says we should be poor. I’ve also been told by some who study it that there are passages where basically it says that God wants you to be rich.

Paul, even more of an example of why we are a good match. The wedding would have to be done by a Catholic priest (preferably in Church to please my Mum), so that’s another hurdle crossed…..[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

@fatboy

This is getting scary Mel !! [:P]

So when is the special day ?? And do we really have to invite the whole forum ?? [?] [:D]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

@melbear

We could invite them all, but I’m sure that between us we’ve managed to alienate a few, so that should cut it down by a couple of thousand!!

Cheers
    Mel

@fatboy

LOL !! That’s a good point… [:)]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Paul and Mel,

I heard of someone with a boat and a Banjo who might play soft music at your wedding.

Regards, Phil

@fatboy

That wouldn’t be you by any chance Phil ?? [:P]

Sent you an email btw, let me know if you didn’t get it… [;)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Agree Steve,

quote:

Hmmmmm… I sense this is dangerous ground, but oh well.

But here’s another point of view…….

Abundance is everybody’s due, is it not?

Abundance to our ancestors & tribal people meant having plentiful food & shelter – with out want.
    Abundance to our animal kingdom means the same. The universe provides food for animals (in various forms) they accept this as natural & god-given – without question. In times of lack, they accept starvation & death as natural & god-given also. It’s natures way of levelling things out.

If we apply this same theory to the human being in 2003, what would then be our definition of abundance?
    There is abundance everywhere in nature, abundance is natural & god given, so why should it be wrong to have your share?
    The basic needs of a human are food, clothing, shelter & love. As humans here on earth it is natural & god-given that these basic needs are provided for. Now, ignoring love – only because this discussion is about money, how does your average human in 2003 obtain food, clothing & shelter? You guessed it – with money. We no longer hunt & gather as our ancestors did, we need money to service our basic needs.

Money isn’t nasty & evil, nor is it good & pure. Money neutral. Money is a form of energy that gets passed around from one place to the next. Constantly, every minute, every day. All a person needs to do is have their hand out as it passes by.

The thought that if you have money, you are depriving someone else is not necessarily true. A person with wealth can choose to be charitable & giving or they can choose greed – it’s up to the individual. It may be true that as one party takes a $10,000 gain out of the stock market, another party makes a $10,000 loss. However, both parties choose to take the risk, it’s just that one party acquired $10,000 worth of education, so did he loose? Maybe, maybe not. That would depend on the perception of the individual concerned. Next time he enters the market, the roles could be reversed. Thus the energy of money flows back and forth as it should.

There is also a natural law of supply & demand. You hold an investment property. Another human needs shelter. You are supplying to their need. What is ungodly about this situation? Sure, you receive gain, but in doing so you are in turn able to service your needs. Besides, you’ve invested your own money & your own time, not only to serve yourself, but another human as well, who needs shelter, who may or may not be less fortunate than yourself. Just as our ancestors who mastered the art of hunting, reaped the benefits.

People sometimes get caught up in the ego-trap of money. The glam. house, car & boat, although nice to own or have, don’t really provide true self-worth. True self-worth comes from within & is not measured by your bank balance.

I don’t subscribe to sayings or passages from the bible such as ‘money is the root of all evil’ or ‘you cannot serve two masters, and that you must choose between serving God and serving money’, for a few reasons.
    Firstly, because I’m not religious, and do not follow any religious teachings as such. Secondly, it is not the money it’s self that is evil, as I’ve said before, money is neutral, it is the human thought form that attaches evil or good to it, and that is an individual choice. Thirdly, money shouldn’t be your master, otherwise you become the slave. Surely this is not an ideal situation? Money being in control of you? Not a concept for me!! The object of the game is to become the master of money. It is the slave. Therefore, no conflict exits. You are now free to serve your god as you choose.

Every thing is as it should be, otherwise it wouldn’t be.

@melbear

Can I just butt in and say that the quote is actually

‘For the love of money is the root of all sorts of evil’. Certainly puts a different spin on it with the whole thing![:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of DinoWebDinoWeb
    @dinoweb

The bible is also fairly forthcoming on loaning money for interest.

Leviticus 25:37
    You shall not lend him your money at interest, nor give him your food for profit.

Deuteronomy 23:19
    “You shall not charge interest on loans to your brother, interest on money, interest on food, interest on anything that is lent for interest.

Psalm 15
    1 O LORD, who shall sojourn in your tent?
    Who shall dwell on your holy hill?

5 [He] who does not put out his money at interest
    and does not take a bribe against the innocent.

Dino

“If you don’t know where you are going, every road will take you there.”

Keymaster
    @piadmin

God calls each of us to be the best that we can be. He asks us to put Him first, and everything else second. I am seriously chasing financial independence, but I have soul searched, and would have to say that at the end of the day, I would be prepared to give it all up if that was what was called for. God has never let me go without. Several years ago, I quit my job to go to bible college. At the time, I had no way to pay the mortgage, so decided to sell the IP – negative geared. I was in orientation week, before one person came and looked at the house and put a contract on it at a reasonable price. You only need one buyer and some trust!!!!
    I never did get to Africa or the wilds of the world as an aid worker, but I did end up in the Ambulance Service doing more local ‘aid work’, and I have been blessed with continued financial success, and prosperity – I was prepared to give it all up, and I think that’s what God intends for us. Money is OK – as long as the focus on it does not exclude Him.
    My little sermon for the night!!!!
    Lisa R

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

after reading ‘the one minute millionaire’ which gives a brilliant rationale about why we should tithe from no matter what one’s religious beliefs (that rationale in a nutshell, is that the book aims to create one million millionaires, who give away ten percent to the community. statistics prove that each millionaire crreates ten new jobs. so and if that happened – along with the charity of the million millionaires tithing – the book claims, that happening could change the economic future of the world. i love that thought! and it gives a good ‘non-religious’ rationale to the whole idea, if you happened to be not that way inclined.
    and if you are that way inclined, well God says to tithe…and that he will multiply it….(westan you’ll be able to pinpoint the exact wording of this?)

mini

castle, something you said struck me – “I am seriously chasing financial independence, but I have soul searched, and would have to say that at the end of the day, I would be prepared to give it all up if that was what was called for.”

I like that a lot.

dino – !!!!!!! really does it say that!!! God doesn’t seem to have a very high opinion of wrappers, in that case, or even people who put money in the bank.

actually, my mother taught me never to lend things. just to give it to them. that the person asking needs it more than you do.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.