All Topics / General Property / Anyone for NZ IP’s?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of shanebalshanebal
    @shanebal

Hi fellow investors,

I’m taking a trip to the South Island of NZ in a few days time and will be there for a couple of weeks looking for IP’s. I’m traversing the length of the Island!

I have 3 over there that I’ve had for a while and I’m only after 3-4 more. I already have 2 lined up that I’m interested in so I may find a few more than I need.

If anyone wants to be contacted if I find any extras just drop an email to [email protected] and I’ll send the details if and when they come to hand.

I can’t promise anything though!

Cheers,

Shane

Profile photo of shanebalshanebal
    @shanebal

BTW,

I’m only going to forward general property and investment details:

purchase price
    number of beds
    address
    current return
    contact details

It will be up to each of you to take it from there. The types of properties I’ll be looking at are ‘generally’ – <$150K, returning 10%+.

Regards,

Shane

Profile photo of ElissaElissa
    @elissa

How does your finance work for your properties? I found a few very good sounding properties in the North Island last week but by the time I factored in the exchange rate they did not quite break even. That was with borrowing the money in Australia using equity here. We were going to do that with the first house and then borrow for the next house in NZ using the first house as extra equity. Which country are your loans? I was told by one RE agent over there that some banks are no longer lending to Australian investors/residents.

EMR

Profile photo of mitzu5mitzu5
    Participant
    @mitzu5

Hi Elissa,
    I am in the process of going for a loan with a bank in NZ. It was abit of a toss up between two banks, but have finally decided on one. In that time I was never told I couldn’t get a loan because I am an Australian resident.
    Andrea

Profile photo of sunshinesunshine
    @sunshine

Hi. Have only just read your post but have been trying to find out about getting loans for NZ for a while now. My accountant tells me that I would pay tax in NZ and have the tax credited to my taxes here. That buying property is not a problem if I have an NZ passport. I have got a long expired one somewhere so will try to resurrect that, but am stuck at getting a loan. Would appreciate any tips you all have.
    Cheers sunshine

Profile photo of BasicBasic
    Participant
    @basic

[:D] Have been thinking about investing in NZ but was not sure about how to go about getting a loan. Any info about that would be appreciated. I like the idea of buying in NZ as don’t have to pay the stamp duty….Cheers Audrey

Profile photo of toddo27toddo27
    @toddo27

Hi All,

I am travelling to NZ in December and will be buying some property.
    Right now im investigating the loans situation (im a mortgage broker) and will let you all know the best option i come up with in the next month or so. At the moment im looking at Pioneer because i believe they do loans in both countries and have mentioned cross securitising.

cheers

Todd
    http://www.providence.net.au

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.