All Topics / General Property / Wagga Wagga?

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of robynhoodrobynhood
    @robynhood

David please keep being opinionated, some of the the waffle I am in reading in this sight does’nt tell anybody anything.
    An opinion from someone is always a good place to start your investigation, you can then either agree or disagree, once you have satisfied your own mind. Good luck with the study.
    Regards Joy

Profile photo of BobPriceBobPrice
    Participant
    @bobprice

Yeah David, keep it up. You are about the same age as my kids and its refreshing to see a young bloke taking steps to secure his future.

I don’t post here much because, as you have found, its easy for people to misinterpret your intentions. If you have to think of the many possible ways people can interpret your words then you will sit at the keyboard for hours.

25 years of property investing has been kind to me and I’ve learnt a lot.If I pass on a bit of info from time to time and it helps someone I’m happy.

You will do well provided you do one thing when you return to Australia with all the knowledge you have gleaned whilst overseas. TAKE ACTION.

All the best,
    Bob

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

dglees,

I’m a former local too, so I know what you mean :O) I think you’re entitle to think wagga has unsavoury characters there. Like much of rural and regional australia, it does have a culture of a pretty narrow focus.

dglees, I am a bit unlike others on here. I tend to go not necessarily for places that have had past capital growth. Give me the place that hasn’t had the effects of the RE boom, and I can afford to buy there. I bought a very cheap place in wagga recently, and the unit next to it, in the same condition, sold for 22% more a month after. Capital growth means I am buying *after* the boom- why not get in early?

And even in wagga doesn;t have much CG, there will always be a tenant market there. There’s always young people moving out of home to rent their own place, and wagga rents are pretty reasonable. I am not so much into +CF. If I buy cheap enough, and have reasonable rents, and have decent tenants, that’s all I aim for :O)

I love reading about RE too- it becomes quite an obsession, doesn’t it? [:I]

And Bob- don’t worry about people misinterpreting. I know what distressed sales are- death, divorce, drought. It’s all good.

kay henry

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.