All Topics / General Property / Renovation for starters

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

quote:

By the way Fatboy (Paul)
    DId u go to any reno seminars? DO you do most of the handy work yourself?
    Glenn[8D]

Glenn, i’ve never attended any sort of reno seminar or any seminar for that matter in my life.
    As i said earlier to me it’s a personal thing. I renovate to a style i like without going all out on “luxuries” – neat, classy and functional is cheaper than “bling bling” everytime… [;)]

The only seminar i’d go to would be something like Steve’s… Because he’s someone i can learn from – i know i can renovate, but i’m the first to admit i need to learn more about positive cashflow investing…
    On a renovating front i (rightly or wrongly ?) i believe that i don’t need someone to preach to me what i should be doing. It’s just a matter of thinking things through and making sure your aims and expectations are able to be met. After all, it’s a business decision… keep that in mind with every step you take… [:)]

And yes, i do most of the work myself. I have the coolest Dad in the world who takes the time to give me a hand when i need it and a little brother who is a pain in the ass most times but is pretty handy with a shovel… Beer and pizza on a Saturday was enough to keep them interested in giving me a hand when needed… [:D]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of gfunk188gfunk188
    @gfunk188

Hey Fatboy, [8D]

I know this is asking much, but is it ok if i can interview you on the phone for say 10min? It will mean a lot to me because iam learning from experienced renovators.

my email is [email protected] [:D]

Thanks and i hope to talk to you soon.
    Glenn

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Glenn, i’ve emailed you my mobile number… I’d have sent my home number but hey, you could be an axe murderer right ?? [:D] [:D]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“I want to be rich, and stupidly happy – so far i’ve only managed to achieve the stupid part…”

Profile photo of scampushscampush
    @scampush

hey fatboy thanks for the laugh at 1220am …
    [:D][:D]
    scampush

@gfunk188

Hahahahah!

Thats funny Fatboy,

I can understand that.

Glenn

Profile photo of angelissaangelissa
    Participant
    @angelissa

Hi, i’m new to these forums but not really to property investing..

gfunk188: wow i really admire your enthusiasm and willingness to learn. you will probably get a lot of different and conflicting advice, my suggestion is to take it all in, but in the end you gotta make your own decision based on your specific situation and goals.

my 2 cents is that in this somewhat downturning market, buying property to renovate and sell would be quite risky. When factoring in renovation costs, your time, lack of rental, interest repayments, closing costs, costs of reselling and the opportunity cost of your deposit…there may not be much profit to be made.

on the other hand, i would never personally spend $5-6k for a seminar. maybe i would when thats not such a significant amount of money to me.

i am personally trying to look for an undervalued property, buying it to keep for the medium to long term with a reasonable return.

FatBoy: do you happen to own a rx7 racecar? :)

@gfunk188

Ok guys, one word….FORECLOSURES….
    Where can i find them, where can i get them.

Anyone?? [:D]

Glenn

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day…

Foreclosures, Mortgagees in Posession ?

They have a duty to get the best possible price and although
    “A Mortgagee in Posession” may attract the hopefulls…you will pay market price!

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

@gfunk188

Really?

I thought Foreclosures are meant to be a great way to buy properties @ a wholesale price?? [B)]

So you think this is only possible in the US but not in here?? [:(]

Glenn

@gfunk188

cmon guys! anyone??

[B)]
    Glenn

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Glenn, I think what you said is correct. If you listen to all the American seminar presenters (Burley, Kiyosaki, Allen) you see that there is a huge market for foreclosure buying in the States, in fact you buy them ‘on the courthouse steps’.

In Aust, with the privacy laws, and the fact that Banks have to auction the properties to get ‘fair market value’, take their cut, and give what’s left to the ex homeowner, there’s not the scope for the bargains.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of ringadingringading
    @ringading

Hey there,I’ve just bought my first house up in Toowoomba,driving up from my home city Adelaide in January.Could anyone advise me on either:
    1)good books for beginners on do it yourself reno’s?
    or
    2)good/cheap transport company to get my stuff up there?
    and
    3)Any good handymen/tradesmen/accountants in the area or nearby.
    Thanks Everyone!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.