All Topics / Forum Frolic / STEVE & JULIE’S BABY – But when??

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Sooshie,
    I’ve had four so I’ll try to remember the good bits…..
    Hmmm…can’t think of any![:I]
    Actually, I do remember one midwife, she had a lovely Irish accent, she was very take charge but at the same time very reassuring. She didn’t try to pacify me, she told me how it was..what I needed at the time.
    Oh, and I know you have to do it, but telling a woman “not to push”…Thats impossible [}:)]

Cheers,
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

Nice day to be born! He’s a Cancerian then. I think boy Cancerian’s are different to girl Cancerian’s but not to sure where the differences lie.

quote:

was eventually dragged out

Sounds like what I have to do with my boys when trying to get them to come out from an indoor play center!
    Sue, usually the first baby, you can tell the women not to push…thereafter it’s much more difficult. My midwife told me the same, because she wasn’t ready it was so quick, needless to say, Simon came 2 years ago today on his own time. [;)]
    Okay, I’m off to go bake my son Simon’s Birthday Cake (can’t decide whether to cook Chocolate or sponge cake [?]) Well he’s 2 today, so I don’t think he’d really notice either way as long as it tastes good.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

*** For WOMEN to read only ***

+++ Cut by the Board of Censors +++ [;)]

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hiya,

LOL! No they don’t come out of bellybuttons…
    I’m interested what culture won’t let you shower for 10 days? I know that many Asian cultures have the lying-in period of 40 days, where the women top and tail, but don’t shower or take baths. I’m very curious…

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi Sooshie,

That’s is an old custom from SouthEast Asia, countries like China, Vietnam. My mother was restricted for a month. The carers put a coal fire tray under her bed. They shut all windows & curtains. She got cleaned up with wet towels. She was restricted in what to eat/drink as well. They believed in doing so my mother would keep her strength into her old age. I’m not sure if this works or not. I just know that my mum is much stronger than me. She still swims 20 laps & walks over 1 hour everyday. I can’t even swim & lazy to walk!

Regards

Huey

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Sooo.. is Steve still waiting for the birth … ?

It was a longggg weekend..

[:D][;)][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.