All Topics / General Property / Investors News!! NSW Bus Stop Shelters for Sale!

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Profile photo of pinit2000pinit2000
    @pinit2000

Thanks gus for the tips,

I would still like to hear from Bill, as he is the authority with BSS.

If the same property rules apply, this deal will be even sweeter. I will send over a valuer mate of mine and he will put a “good” value on it. [;)]

Cheers,

Pin

Profile photo of pinit2000pinit2000
    @pinit2000

Bill,

Can I buy BSSs in Trust?
    I am thinking of setting up 2,500 trusts, and buy 4 BSS for each trust.

I did the sums and this will still work great. A trust will cost me $1,000 each to set up so that is $2,500,000 in total; and then I get close to 100 MILLION a year (with the adverstising.)! This is definitely worth it.

I might be able to get a discount on the trusts too!

Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Pin

P.S: When there is a will there is a way!

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

Bill,

Just another quick question – I’m thinking of installing a coffee machine at each of my bus-stops – you know, think outside the circle, increase the appeal of the investment etc…
    Is a 10% slice of net profits ok with you ??

We all know that you can’t catch public transport without experiencing delays, so what better way to soothe tensions with a nice hot cappuccino ??
    At $3 per cup x 250 people per day (an estimate based on the prospectus i received today, thanks again Bill) that’s $750 (less costs) a day in excess of advertsing income and rent… (x 40 remember)
    I’m going to set up solar heating on the roof of the bus stop so we won’t need electricity, the cost of each cup to us will be 22 cents, 25 for those arrogant bastards who insist on milk and sugar.

Can you crunch the numbers and get back to me ?? If 10% is acceptable i’ll get my people to call your people and we’ll do lunch… [;)]

Gotta run, i have a meeting with the buyer i have lined up for that bridge i mentioned… He’s new to this forum actually, and the Harbour views impressed him greatly…

Cheers,
    Paul… [:0)]

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Paul…

I am cerain that I will never be taken seriously again ! But then, I did get 7 emails requesting that I reserve 4 BSS’s. I just don’t know how to respond to them.

About to ask you for any suggestions… but thought better of it.

Bit of a worry.

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

LOL !!! [:D]

On a serious note, please forward the emails to me and i will endeavour to help out. I did a post graduate Fraud course in Russia through the University of Ripoffski and am sure i can i can find a way to make the clients happy whilst keeping our butts out of court…

Cheers,
    Paul…

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

This turned up in my inbox. Is it legit?

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL & URGENT.

Alternative: E-mail address: [email protected]

Dear Sir,

I am Mr. Villiam, a native of Camberra Aostralia and I am an Executive Accountant with the Aostralia Department of Main Roads. First and foremost, I apologized using this medium to reach you for a transaction/business of this magnitude, but this is due to Confidentiality and prompt access reposed on this medium. Be informed that a member of the Aostralia Department of Main Roads. who was surfing the property sites on the net during a trade exhibition gave your enviable credentials/particulars to me. I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation with you in the execution of the deal described hereunder for the benefit of all parties and hope you will keep it as a top secret because of the nature of this transaction.

Department where I work as an Executive Accountant and with the cooperation of four other top officials, we have in our possession as overdue payment bills totaling Twenty – Six Million, Five Hundred Thousand Aussie Deci Demi Cents ($A .00265) which we want to transfer abroad with the assistance and cooperation of a domestic individual to receive the said fund on our behalf or a reliable non-company account to receive such funds. More so, we are handicapped in the circumstances, as the Civil Service Code of Conduct does not allow us to operate domestic account hence your importance in the whole transaction.

This amount $A .00265 resents the balance of the total contract value executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm selling bus stops, which we the officials over-invoiced deliberately. Though the actual contract ost have been paid to the original contractor, leaving the balance in the tune of the said amount which we have in principles gotten approval to remit by Telegraphic Transfer (T.T) to any bank account you will provide by filing in an application through the Scam Ministry here in Camberra Aostralia for the transfer of rights and privileges of the former contractor to you, hence provide me with your private/direct fax number for the form to be send across to you.

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you be willing to assist us in the transaction, your share of the sum will be 25% of the $A .00265, 70% for us and 5% for taxation and miscellaneous expenses. The business itself is 100% safe, on your part provided you treat it with utmost secrecy and confidentiality. Also your area of specialization is not a hindrance to the successful execution of this transaction. I have reposed my confidence in you and hope that you will not disappoint me. Endeavor to contact me immediately through my above Tel/Fax number or my e-mail address, whether or not you are interested in this deal. If you are not, it will enable me scout for another foreign partner to carry out this deal I want to assure you that my partners and myself are in a position to make the payment of this claim possible provided you can give us a very strong Assurance and guarantee that our share will be secured and please remember to treat this matter as very confidential matter, because we will not comprehend with any form of exposure as we are still in active Government Service and remember once again that time is of the essence in this business.

I wait in anticipation of your fullest co-operation.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Villiam

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

A man holding a bus stop sign knocked on our door this morning. He told me that the DOTransport will build 4 new bus stop shelters on our street. He has decided one will be built in front of our house but if we pay him $100 he would shift it to the next door. I hope everyone will pay him so all 4 new BSS will be build next the the existing one, in front of the local shop.

[:)]

Huey

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Huh, bus shelters are old hat.
    It is merely a ruse by that miserable looking Bob Carr looking for another way to raise some additional revenues.

The moment these bus shelters have been sold the owners will get slugged with a public-space-occupying fee.

If you think that is not possible think back to the time when banks were slugged because people were queuing up on the footpath to use the teller machines which fronted the street.

Councils were quick to charge the banks for the banks’ customers occupying public (yes, PUBLIC) space standing on the footpath waiting their turn to use the teller machines.

You know Carr is in deep financial sh*t the moment you use the harbour bridge. You would soon realise that Carr cannot even afford to have properly lighted signs on the collection booths of the harbour bridge.

BillFromOz should be thoroughly ashamed about trying to suck his fellow website visitors into such an atrocious investment.

A much better alternative is to buy the advertising signs attached to the back of taxis.

Some of the many advantages are that the signs have much greater exposure because of their mobility, no public-space-occupying fee can be levied on a moving target AND the acquisition cost is approx half.

The smart taxi operators buy a new (second hand) taxi every four years or so which sets them back about $ 12 K.

Many of them would be more than willing to sell the advertising space on the back of the taxi for around $ 3K.

That is for the life of the taxi (about 4 years). If you increase the purchase price to $ 6 K that will buy you the advertising space in perpetuity.

I understand that Taxis Combined in Sydney have only around 300 such opportunities left. Their phone number is (02) 8 332 8888.

I unequivocally state that, unlike BillFromOz, I do not stand to make any commission from any such sales.

Pisces133

Profile photo of craigccraigc
    Participant
    @craigc

G’day Bill

I have just had a thought (o my head [xx(])

Since you already have a very good contact at the RTA why don’t you speak to them about leasing the centre of the many roundabouts that adawn the streets of Sydney.

There is so many things that could be done with the right team & a bucket of money. ( drive by movies for one )the list is almost endless.

Let me know how you go.
    Regards

Craigc

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Hi Bill,

” But then, I did get 7 emails requesting that I reserve 4 BSS’s.”

loved this thread! But….you have been setting yourself up as a ‘I have a zillion years experience in RE and finance, I’ll mentor people’ and you’ve been acting like a mentor. You have gathered a captive audience and i like the maths puzzles and so on that you’ve set up.

So i don’t think it’s surprising that people took you seriously. If strata-titled carparks are possible, then why not bus stops – the price and maintenance of them – being passed on to the private sector. And you as the broker. If you are all that you say you are, not surprising that some took you seriously, and I think just be real careful about ‘messing’ with your…um,,,,followers isn’t the right word, but,..i don’t know what is.

cheers for now – and i hope everyone got a big lesson out of this -it was very interesting…

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Bill

I want to order 15 bss please.

I’ll send you a photograph of a cardboard replica of my cheque by pidgeon post.

Regards

ps keep the maths problems coming and no more about the Witch Bank please.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Does Pinky have her own bank now Muppet?[:)][:D][8D] LOL

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Mel

I am getting a bit worried. There’s been no sign of Pinkeeeee for a day or so. rAty is missing as well.

I wonder if they have both skipped off with all the money in Pnkeeeee’s bank.

Regards

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Ooh i hope not. Forum Fun has been very very quiet without them…..

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

quote:

Forum Fun has been very very quiet

fun will be back tomrrow! too much fun is not good so weekend off!

[:)][:)]

[:)]
    View member Pictures on this web page.
    http://www.gurustation.com/pi

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

Guys, Guys, I take the weekend off to go away with the other half and come back to see what you have all been up to – what wonderful deals you have made – how you’ve found 50 11 second properties and wrapped 20 deals and I find that YOU HAVE BEEN HAVING FUN [:O] – i’m shocked! love all the responses shows that we all have a funny side to us. HG

Profile photo of pinit2000pinit2000
    @pinit2000

Hi Bill,

This thread was hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

On a more serious note I have asked Steve if he could set up a forum topic called “Valuable info for newbies”, which would be packed with great info, and avoid people asking the same questions over ad over again. I think one of the first threads will be on “due diligence” … [;)]

Cheers,

Pin

Profile photo of DinoWebDinoWeb
    @dinoweb

I don’t know, leave work for the weekend, and when I come back I find out I’ve missed out on the BSS investment deal of the century.

Am I too late to get involved?

Have all the prime BSS’s been sold already, and how do I get started as a newbie?

Can any of the experienced BSS investors please help me out?

I also received an email telling me of a wonderfull investment oportunity on the Gold Coast where plans are afoot to build the tallest BSS in the world. Some big name celebrities have already purchased.

Do other people think this is a good deal?

Is SE Qld a better place to invest in BSS’s? This seems to be one of the fastest growing regions in Australia, and obviously there will be an increasing demand for them.

Dino

“If you don’t know where you are going, every road will take you there.”

Profile photo of carblokecarbloke
    Participant
    @carbloke

Guys,
    You seem to have forgotten 1 very important point. Due to water restrictions now in place around the country every BSS owner is now required to install gutters and a rain water tank to help save the Murray River. Please fator this into your cash flow calculations, depending on the size of your shelter (and number of subdivisons undertaken) this could prove quite costly.
    Cheers.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.