All Topics / Opinionated! / Steves book – Has stirred the market. Read on.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Does anyone agree, since Steve has written his book and gone on the media and all showin his secrets and helpin other people, there has been a huge increase of +ve cash flow properties purchases and that there very hard to find now?

I mean you call up a real estate agent, were there are plenty of +ve cash flow properites but to your surprise there are not as many left now?

Though good job steve it has also helped many of the positive cashflow properties fetch much more than they would have if people did not know about +ve gearing

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

if you believe ‘there are no more deals out there’ you won’t find any.

don’t buy into that. there are a lot of us with deals we are finding (recently !and right now) and we want to help others find some too.

why would we do that if there aren’t any to find. Why would we introduce others into a market if we thought there wasn’t enough for everyone?

the house market is not a fixed finite thing – as soon as one property is sold another one will come on the market. Sure, on any one day there might be more buyers than sellers or the other way around, but the next day everything has changed because a bunch of new properties just came on the market.

So don’t worry and keep looking, for that reason.

They might not be available for 20K ‘like they were last year’ but that is good right, you want property to go up right?

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi Mini,

You wouldn’t believe it. I stayed up past my bedtime to watch you on the tellie the other night (actually, I was doing some work on the laptop and listening to the tellie).

Jules muted it during an ad break and left the sound off for about 5 mins. I went and turned it back on 5 mins later, only to learn that that’s when you did your bit [:(]

Shucks.

I’ll have to wait ’till next year.

Did you have a hand in writing the lyrics or music for that song?

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi all

still at school
    you are right there is a definite lack of stock out there in cash flow positive world. But it has been drying up for the past few years, steve has only created more interest but the situation would still be the same. it’s certainly not 1997 when i started buying, then you could buy incredible deals like duplexes in adelaide for 21k. But there are still deals to be done. The market in Victoria has been so difficult to find properties this year i’ve had to look elsewhere and still been able to buy 12 in the past 15 weeks. Mini is right there are deal out there but you need to look harder.
    steve i stayed up just to see mini and was very disappointed to only get about 2 seconds of my number one star.
    regards westan

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Westan,

ive notice that too, there is a definite, decrease in how many there were from how long ago were there were many,

but do you think, this might sound crazy but ok Steve book sold over 20,000 copies and i bet still counting and close to 30,000.

Now lets say there are 10,000 people who read steves book and took it quite serious and all went out to look for properties like this and were successful in finding one, well that would mean there is 10,000 less propertys that were positive geared,

to me im kinda worried these properties will soon be a hard find and will be extint or gone forever in the years to come.

i guess will have to work harder, thats all.

Profile photo of pinit2000pinit2000
    @pinit2000

still_in_school,

You will find them again (easily) in about 3 to 5 years time. Be prepared …

Pin

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

gday everyone,

i have to agree with pinit,

over the next few years i think quite alot of would be “property investors” are going to get themselves into hot water…..

all we have to do is wait….

[;)] Powmow [;)]

Profile photo of DinoWebDinoWeb
    @dinoweb

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

Ten years ago, “big city investors” drove the price of local properties up 50-80%.

After 18 months the boom subsided, and prices stalled.

Within 2 years, prices had dropped by 10-20%, although some people still managed to get good prices from “big city investors”.

Over the next 6 years, prices stayed roughly the same or went back marginally, although some of the better areas increased slowly.

6 months ago, a flood of “big city investors” started to drive prices up once again. In that 6 months, the value of my own two properties have risen 50%.

In my view, this increase is simply a long overdue catch up in value.

I expect that within 2 years, prices will have dropped again, and more bargins will be available.

In the meantime, I am not going to go out and buy property for capital growth, because I know that “it just aint gonna happen” short term.

If I can find +ve cash flow properties great, but if I can’t, I’ll just put my money in my house loan, which saves me 6% interest tax free, and wait till I can find more bargins again.

Dino

“If you don’t know where you are going, every road will take you there.”

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Excellent and sensible point Dino.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.