All Topics / Opinionated! / What age do you wish to retire?

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Sure Paul.

But first you must give me a rundown of your current assets and liabilities!!![:P][}:)][:D] And I don’t just mean financial![:O]

Once I have this information I will get back to you.[^]

Cheers
    Mel

P.S. We may have to have several residences as my skin is very fair, and will not cope too long in the sun!![xx(]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Good question,

I retired 20 years ago at age 21. I have been with the same company over that time. (Not sure how I managed to get away with it for so long!) They must have paid me about $1000,000 by now, averaged out. It sure beats working, when you enjoy and are good at what you are employed to do.
    The shift-work also created time for me to run a side business.

I am grateful for having had the opportunity. Retiring from life is a completely different question.

XYZZY .. I liked that story about your Dad. Nearing 80, so what’s his next business?

Regards, Phil

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

quote:

Sure Paul.
    But first you must give me a rundown of your current assets and liabilities!!! And I don’t just mean financial!
    Once I have this information I will get back to you.

Cheers
    Mel

P.S. We may have to have several residences as my skin is very fair, and will not cope too long in the sun!!

Mel, things are looking up !! [:D]
    Assets are good, liabilities pretty much nil, the only one i have is a race car that eats money like you would not believe. (I’ll lie about the costs if it makes you feel better ?? [:0)] )

Hey, let’s have a few houses in every state, a change is as good as a holiday right ?? I’ll keep earning for another 10 years, you spend it… Deal ?? I’ll ummm, wait for your call ?? [^]

xyzzy: Great story, funny how different people are – my dear dad is the opposite…
    He ran a very successful business that he started at 26 years of age but was seriously injured in a car accident by some drunk who ran a red light when he was just 32 years old…

After 2 years of frustration at not being able to be “hands on” around the business he built from scratch he sold it and retired…
    Since then he has watched his five kids grow up (the youngest is now 17), became a single figure golfer despite having the dodgiest swing ever seen, and trains and breeds greyhounds…

It’s impossible to get him to do anything, he is always “too busy”. I almost have to make an appointment to call past and have a beer with him !!

I think the greatest gift i’ve ever had is having both my parents around in my teenage years. I’d have been a little sh1t for sure if the old man didn’t keep me in line… [:D]

That’s the main reason why i want to retire early – so i can watch my kids grow up and still be young enough to enjoy retirement…

Of course, maybe it’s time i found a wife before worrying about having kids… [:P]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.