All Topics / Opinionated! / ITS GONE DOWNHILL!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

At the risk of sounding like a selfish mongral I make the following statement.

” this forum has lost its pizaz since the release of Steve’s book and the today tonight shows. We are chock full of Newbies asking the mundane. This forum used to be interesting”.

Maybe we need a newbie category for all the Saints on this forum to do their good deeds.

I suppose newbies is fresh meat for the sale of products though.

MJK[:(]

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

MJK…thats a bit unfair..[B)] you were a newbie when you started here too… when newbies ask questions it cos that would like an experience member to help out…

I have found, even the repeated posts from newbies, can re-affirm your own knowledge and sometimes they bring their own knowledge from their own experiences, or ask questions that hasnt been covered here…. [:D]

Alot of the newbies come and go, the determined ones stay on and learn, others give up “too hard”..LOL [:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of SamwiseSamwise
    @samwise

Hi MJK,
    Sorry to join your club and upset your ‘informative, intelligent’ discussions. Maybe you should have an ‘old members only who don’t want to help newbies under any circumstances’ club where you need a password and a ‘really stupid’ initiation ceremony to get in.
    For extra ‘pizazz’ you may need to don costumes.

Yes I admit my posts (and other newbies)have been boringly green but I’ve been pointed in the right direction by some very kind old members who also use this forum to help others.

For all newbies, it would be a good idea to look in the Treasure Chest Forum and other forums before posting – a lot of info is already there. Hope this helps.

Trish

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Trish,

There is a ton of information in the chest..

But dont worry about posting even the most simple questions… its good for the experienced guys to refresh their knowledge by mentoring/teaching….

[:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

quote:

At the risk of sounding like a selfish mongral I make the following statement.

If that was your goal i’d suggest you have succeeded… [;)]

I moderate a forum literally 100 times the size of this one – I find that yes newbies tend to post the same kind of stuff but that’s part of life. If you don’t like it don’t read it.
    In an effort to curb the growth of our forum at one stage we stopped new memberships for a period of three months – funnily enough the lack of newbies actually made the place a little too stale in my opinion…
    Oh yeah, another forum i’m involved with has a “Private Section” that new members cannot access until personally recommended by a moderator or senior member…
    Just a thought… [;)]

Cheers,
    Paul…

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of sunshinesunshine
    @sunshine

As a newbie I would just like to say that some ‘oldtimers’ posts read as moody and menopausal, some are informative and some are gold mines of information. The mix is all part of the package and you take what you want from each.

There have been a couple of requests for a newbie column and I can see the merit tho obviously the only people who would read it would be newbies.

But ethics and integrity matter and hey, what about plain old fashioned being nice[;)] Afterall, you were a newbie once. Have some patience and create good karma.

Sunshine

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Divisions between “newbie” and “old timers” is a bit childish really. There are certain regular posters who seem to think that length of time as a member results in entitlement or exclusivity.

Let’s focus on the important stuff – investing. Ask questions, answer questions.

I do still maintain that you cannot take advice as 100% correct, you must have it backed up by the appropriate professionals. There is nothing machiavellian in this statement – I’ll help to the best of my ability and knowledge but I may not always be correct.

Chill.

Polar

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Well Said Polarbear

MJK, u mite have more answers then the newbies, but instead of bitching about it, why not try answer their questions?

Be proud of your knowledge and share it, and not judge others for not knowing what u know!

Regards Bear

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

I would like to take this opportunity to say CONGRATULATIONS to Melbear for being a super mentor to all newbies.

I don’t know how many times I have seen her patiently reply to the same old questions and always gives a full non sarcastic answer.

Good on you Mel I alwasy enjoy your posts.

To the newbies don’t take MJKs comments to heart you will understand where he is coming from one day. But remember how you feel about it now so you know what to do and say when it is your turn.

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Oh shucks!![:I][:I] I must admit that at about bedtime last night I considered not answering some questions, but then felt bad and went back and answered them anyway – sometimes just to give a brief, and then suggest a search of the forum for the rest.

Besides, I want to be like Poltergeist and Arty – they look like they can wreak havoc on the forums if they want!!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of FatBoyFatBoy
    @fatboy

quote:

I would like to take this opportunity to say CONGRATULATIONS to Melbear for being a super mentor to all newbies.

Yes, dear Mel, she’s just super all over… [;)] [:P] [:P]

“The only thing you get from looking backwards is a sore neck…”

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

There are many of us who’ve been here a while, but we all started somewhere. I was a ‘newbie’ too and I appreciated those ‘oldies’ at the time who answered my questions even if it was just a link to somewhere that I could go for more information and then teach myself. [^]
    I’m happy for anyone to ask for help and I’d do what I could to get the info for them. I’m learning as I research for ‘newbies’ and ‘oldies’ alike and I believe that everyone brings their own ‘character’ (if you will) to the forum, which is part of it’s delight.

Steve takes an active interest in this forum, even though he is very busy (as he is now), and has his hands full ([;)]) so when he announced at his last seminar that he was looking to see who on the forum would be helping others, I took a step back and watched with interest as those people who wanted to be noticed, shined [8D][8D][8D].
    There have been many who’ve been helping others and answering posts. I know their motives are pure and they are the nicest people you’d ever be blessed to meet.

quote:

I suppose newbies is fresh meat for the sale of products though

MJK, if you are trying to suggest that this is just a marketing ploy, then you’ve missed the point why this site exists in the first place. I think Steve could have charged to be a member of this open forum, or only made access to it for those who’d purchased his products, if he’s focus was on the money (which it is not).
    In fact I personally think that Steve’s products are top quality, so ‘newbies’ would be far better off armed with the information Steve put’s out, then where I started 2K down from mistakes made due to lack of knowledge.
    As with all ‘working’ places, politics can rear it’s ugly head (one of my pet hates [:P])[:(], let’s chill out and just remember we are all here to learn and share, in whatever capacity we feel comfortable to do so.

quote:

As a newbie I would just like to say that some ‘oldtimers’ posts read as moody and menopausal

Sunshine, I’m not menopausal yet (not yet anyway[;)]) and moody, well I can be [:D] – (Mini says it’s because of my star sign) I think it’s because (just like most of us are busy),we have many things on our plates and life is just one series of juggling acts simultaneously. However I do like your point and couldn’t help myself laughing [:D](Bare with me, I have a weird sense of humour [:0)][}:)]). From now on, I’ll try to be less moody (although, I’m not sure what I can do for the ‘menopausal’ bit though [:D])

If anyone is uncomfortable posting, whether they be a ‘newbie’ or not, you can always email me, sooshie(@)propertyinvesting.com, and most of you who’ve already done that, know that I respond almost as soon as I get your email and have done the research. There is help out there if you need or want it.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

Chastised I suppose, but it took a while !

In my defence I was refering to the flood of “newbies” all hitting at once rather than the occasional.

I sincerly hope all you newbies suceed.And those that became a little overly upset the same.
    I suppose being honest, even in the soap box section, is not worth it.

Mind you I’ve done my bit to answer questions for people.

Maybe I can take over as the next villan from Tails007

MJK

@sooshie

Hiya MJK,

quote:

I suppose being honest, even in the soap box section, is not worth it.

The only way to improve things is to hear what people have to say. I think honesty is important regardless of the sacrifices one might have to make in order to achieve it. Ultimately it’s up to you to decide whether you speak up or not.
    I know you’ve answered questions before, because I’ve read and appreciated your posts.

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers

Profile photo of MJKMJK
    @mjk

Sooshie,

Re the fresh meat comment.

I’ve never suspected Steve was a con.
    But I must say I did become mildly Cynical with this Today Tonight Business and the frenzie the book has created.
    Unfortunately I can be a bit sarcastic.

MJK

@sooshie

Hi MJK,

I can be sarcastic too. I can very well understand your cynicism and if I didn’t know Steve, then I might have thought the same if I’d seen TT first off etc, especially because I had been burnt by cons before.
    I’m really glad you posted back.[^]

Cheers

Profile photo of MalachiiMalachii
    Participant
    @malachii

Not all “newbies” are “newbies”. Some of us have been reading this site for a while but it took time before we had the courage/knowledge to post anything. You will also find that some newbies have been investing in +ve cashflow properties for years (this wasn’t some secret principle only known about by people on this forum) and may be able to add to your knowledge.

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Malachii…

Well said!

I’m sure that a lot of “newbies” sitting in the background have a lot more Real Estate & Financial expertise than a lot of members on this Forum.

Please put in your “Two Bobs worth”, have your say and contribute to this great Forum. Like me, you may have a few grey hairs… but I bet you have some experiences to share. Let’s learn from them… have your say.

If you’re really shy, then email me.

Cheers

Bill

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Malachii and Bill,

How’d you know what I was about to say?

Regards, Phil

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

LuckyPhil, you were going to suggest that Malachii email Bill? LOL[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.