All Topics / Forum Frolic / Australian Idol Winner ?

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Anyone see the final battle last night ?

Guy looked comfortable and Shannon looked in pain.. LOL [:D][:D][:D]

The winner should be Dicko !…LOL

[:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

no, I missed it,
    but if shannon wins it will be about looks and/or skin colour – the guy can’t sing! what i mean is that GUY can sing and is the only one that could hold his head up in the world against the other winners from other countries.

Paulini should have got second place. How she was turning into a gorgeous superstar!! Cosima had an OK voice but to me she was ever so slightly suburban, kind of like pauline hanson with a voice. Shudder…kind of like an artist that cath and kim would like. destined for RSLs doing the pat benatar show. is that mean?

She just didn’t have the charisma, to me. though she got better

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

quote:

kind of like an artist that cath and kim would like. destined for RSLs doing the pat benatar show.

Ryde RSL to start with [:D][:D]

quote:

Guy looked comfortable and Shannon looked in pain.. LOL

I think Too much pain! [^][^]

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hi Fellas,

A lot of you have been bagging Shannon for weeks and here he is right at the end……
    As I said earlier, it’s not all about singing talent, it’s a package deal.

Last night they both sang the same song, different versions, so which did you prefer?

It was really a kind of love song, so I preferred it coming from Shannon because he has the “look” to carry off a song like that and sell it to masses of adoring women, that’s the whole point isn’t it, record sales?

If it had of been a more hip hop type song than Guy would have had the persona to pull that off….

And Mini… please dont bring it down to race….

Keep smiling,
    Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

be thankful!! We dont have to watch Mark Holden anymore…..

hahahahaha

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Guy Will Win According my my company survey……format is not very good…

The Australian Public Have Voted…And Guy’s the Winner!
    ACNielsen Poll Finds 29% Think Guy Will Win
    12% of Australians have voted in Idol series

In an ACNielsen Omnibus conducted at the weekend the Australian public nominated Guy as the most likely winner of Australian Idol – across all demographics and age groups – with 29 per cent of Australians nominating Guy, compared to 16 per cent believing Shannon would win tonight’s contest.

45 per cent of the population had an opinion on tonight’s likely winner, the other 55 per cent didn’t know. The results of the ACNielsen Omnibus reflect the views of the entire population, whether or not they voted, and wouldn’t necessarily reflect the final outcome tonight once multiple votes by loyal fans are factored in.

“Any phone-in voting to a programme of this type skew the results as it doesn’t represent the true attitudes and beliefs of the entire community, only highly ‘engaged’ segments of the community,” said Ben Dixon, a research director at ACNielsen Australia .

“For example, we found that among those who had voted during the series, 72 per cent were females and 72% were aged 18-39 years. So when you ask those who voted, who they feel should win, the answers will reflect that skewed voting audience. We set out to ask all Australians who they thought should win without any duplicated vote opportunities, so the results are more representative of all people, not just those with a vested interest in the celebrities ” he added

And the good news for Channel Ten, is that the ACNielsen survey showed almost 80% of those who had voted at some stage of the Idol series were from the network’s core 18-39 audience group.

Who should win? Of all Australians who were asked who should win Australian Idol:
    %
    of
    population

Guy should win
    29%

Shannon should win
    16%

Don’t know
    55%

% of Guy’s home state (S.Australia) who think Guy should win
    43%

% of Shannon’s home state (NSW) who think Shannon should win
    25%

Source: ACNielsen | Omnibus Nov 15-16 2003

Of the Australians who have voted for any Australian Idol contestant during the series:
    %
    of
    voters

Guy should win
    64%

Shannon should win
    25%

18 – 39 years
    72%

Women
    72%

Who should win? Australians who have never voted for any Australian Idol contestant during the series:
    %
    of
    population

Guy should win
    24%

Shannon should win
    15%

18 – 39 years
    72%

% of Women(minor skew only)
    53- 55%

Don’t know
    61%

PropertyGuRu

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Okay, Guy wins [:)]

He deserves it, and will be a great ambassador in the world idol contest.

Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of Fudge111Broz00Fudge111Broz00
    Participant
    @fudge111broz00

[:P]Yep, i picked Guy as a winner when there was 8 people still in the contest, and that song will be at the top of the Australian charts for an eternity, good on him!

Fudge111[8D]

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.