All Topics / Forum Frolic / Australian Idol Winner ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

If you watch Australian Idol…

Who do you think will win out of the last 5 people ?

[:D][;)][:D][:D]

Im guessing Shannon….[:0)]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of diclemdiclem
    @diclem

Hey, Shannon’s my fave by a long shot [:P][:P]

Chances are he ain’t gonna win though [:O]

I think the winner will be Guy or Cossima,
    (Can I pick two?)
    Although I did think the teeny boppers would have been voting for Rob…..

We’ll see,

Sue [:)]

“Be careful not to step on the flowers when you’re reaching for the stars”

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

yeh i’m hoping either paulini or shannon

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

really?? i can’t believe you said Shannon. I think he’s the weakest by a long way. i think Guy is the one with the talent, whether he wins or not is up to the voting public (read: teen girls) will go for him…..though…but if it were up to me and the judges, he would win. He’s the real thing and as good as craig david et al…

i reckon the ‘hunk’, AKA Millsy has a chance to win. In fact i think it is quite likely unless he stuffs us vocally majorly. Who only has a passable voice IMO. (hey it worked for kylie and madonna…) but is definitely the kind to end up on neighbours a la Blair from big brother – even if he doesn’t win!

i think guy will have a career with or without idol. I think Cosima or Paulini next. They could win, but i just don’t think they will. i think the market wants a boy….just a vibe though.

Millsy…hmmm…yeh like I said the guy will probably win it. ah well. He’ll do a robbie williams/ronan keating clone thingie and will be gone by this time next year…

I actually only have watched it twice, the first time being ‘the good the bad and the ugly’ which was only compelling television because it was so completely mean. I was ashamed to be in the music biz when I heard those judges. And then of course we had the crying ‘you’ve just ruined my life’ reaction shot.
    I refused to be ‘entertained’ by that and boycotted the show.
    Until last Sunday when i accidentally tuned in…missed Levi completely, caught the end of Shannon, saw all the others…hence my opinion might be quite wrong….

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

gday mini,

your opinion might just be a tad wrong about Millsy as he got voted out last night.[:)]

cheers

powmow

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I recon “Dicko” should win !!. LOL [:D]

I love the arguements between Dicko and Mark.. LOL [;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

Participant
    @minimogul

hi powmow,

I’m glad I was wrong!!
    (let’s see if he turns up on neighbours though, OK???!!)

Maybe the real talent will have a chance! Well, now my money’s really on the three that can really sing, with Guy being my pick….

cheers-
    Mini

Participant
    @arty

Mini…i recon they should have 1 male and 1 female winner.. it would make more sense as each gender has their own style and audience.. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

quote:

Mini…i recon they should have 1 male and 1 female winner.. it would make more sense as each gender has their own style and audience..

you are right Arty!

What about Forum Idol Winner! [:D][:D][:D]

Participant
    @arty

We could have Idol or Surivor… of the boards, each week a members account is deleted… until only 1 is left.. LOL [:O][^][:O][:O][:O][:O]

Regards,
    Arty.

Participant
    @minimogul

Just watched it tonight – Guy and Paulini are the send chills up your spine vocal talents. I hope they win.

Participant
    @propertyguru

quote:

Just watched it tonight – Guy and Paulini are the send chills up your spine vocal talents. I hope they win.

you are right Mini.

I think Guy will win!

View member Pictures on this web page.
    http://www.gurustation.com/pi

@diclem

True, Guy has the most talent, but Shannon has the most sex appeal [:P]

It’s not just talent that makes an Australian Idol, we need a whole package…..

The girls are great singers, but they seem to be getting a little plastic….[:0)]( A bit like Mark Holden, what a jerk!)

Participant
    @propertyguru

quote:

True, Guy has the most talent, but Shannon has the most sex appeal

What ??? Shannon and Sex?

View member Pictures on this web page.
    http://www.gurustation.com/pi

@diclem

Sure sex, it’s no good having a great voice if you ain’t got the appeal to go with it. It simply won’t work. Cruel and heartless, I know, but that’s the reality….[;)]

Participant
    @minimogul

I just don’t think Shannon has enough vocal talent to really cut it. if he wins it will be about looks, not talent. I think he will have a lovely career hosting karaoke competitions, appearing on celebrity big brother et al, doing th frank sinatra tribute show and playing the Rooty hill RSL. kinda thing. maybe the odd bit of charity.

I don’t know if either of the girls have the charisma to win. That’s not a looks thing, it’s a ‘personal power’ thing. Paulini could if she turned it up a notch, I can totally see her doing concerts at the sydney opera house with a big band and orchestra, and maybe even a gospel choir!

cosima I fear will end up on the RSL circuit too

Guy, though he looks a little freaky, certainly has the charisma, and he reminds me of….kelly osbourne. in a weird way i can’t put my finger on! Actually i think he’s scrubbing up pretty cute.!

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of DinoWebDinoWeb
    @dinoweb

I can’t believe I am doing this because I hate the show, and frankly have not been impressed with the quality of talant on display. Untill last night I didn’t think any of them had much talent at all.

How on earth Cossima has got so far is just beyond me. She misses way too many notes.

Pualini is hot and cold, but did well last night. She did look fat and terrible in that outfit a couple of weeks ago, and did need to be told, but looked much better last night.

I was majorly dissapointed with Shannons first song, but his second was quite good. I don’t think his voice really has the right timbre for that type of big band song. He seemed to lack the punch to belt it out like it needed. On the whole though, he isn’t too bad and seem’s to have the confidence that Paulinni is lacking. That combined with his “sex appeal” puts him ahead of her.

Guy just blew me away. I had always thought he was the pick of the bunch, but last night proved he was in a class above. That boy really can sing.

Just had to mention “Millsy”. Not a great singer, but a real performer. It’s not all about singing, and with confidence like his, I’m sure he’ll do well at what ever he chooses (as long as it is people related).

Dino

“If you don’t know where you are going, every road will take you there.”

Profile photo of bcbc
    Participant
    @bc

>I just don’t think Shannon has enough vocal talent to really cut it. if he wins it will be about looks, not talent

If he wins it will be because he has more friends prepared to SMS his name!

Cold hard fact.

BC

Participant
    @minimogul

i was watching the show with a 12 year old. We decided to vote for Guy and then we each voted for Paulini (thinking guy was a dead cert but paulini needed a couple of extra ones just to make sure!) —- and i’m not friends with any of them – therefore i think the viewers at home will decide, all entrants will have campaigns of friends sms-ing equally, wouldn’t they???

cheers-
    mini

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

I dont care who wins….its been drawn out waaaaaaaaay too long!!

If I had to choose now…..I dont know?

Ill go with Paulini

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.