All Topics / Heads Up! / loan setup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Dear Steve,

Do you have a seperate loan for each property or do you have a number of properties grouped together in one loan? What do you think works best, especially in the event that you might have the odd negatively geared property or that if they are grouped together maybe the loan repayments would be slightly less than on individiual loans.

Regards
    Jackie Geale

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Jackie

Sure Steve won’t mind me answering a question addressed to him from my personal experience.

We have to date completed 126 wraps and have them all arranged on a stand alone basis with 3 seperate Banks.

By avoiding xcollaralising them firstly you are not breaching the Property Act (only applicable if you are reselling them under an Installment Contract) and secondly if your wrappee decides to refinance or sell then it is easier for you to administer.

I guess if you have several -geared properties then you could consider utilising the equity in one property and offering that equity to your financier to purchase other -geared properties. It’s a personal opinion.

You can always arrange to have a property released subject to valuation if you decide to wrap it or sell it later down the track.

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]
    http://www.fhog.com.au

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Richard

Could you please clarify what you mean by this?

quote:

You can always arrange to have a property released subject to valuation if you decide to wrap it or sell it later down the track.

Regards

Simon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.