All Topics / General Property / consolidation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of jmandrewjmandrew
    @jmandrew

Hi,
    Investment properties really interest me. I’m just getting started. I have bought the book “from 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years”, I have begun to look at properties and seeing what the market actually looks like. I just have a small problem that I’m not sure what to do. I have credit cards plus other small debts. Would it be advisable to roll those debts over onto a housing loan to prevent myself from paying too much in interest? Or should I pay off the credit cards first? By paying the minimum amount due on the cards, and start saving money for a deposit. If so, if I bought a property now, would it also be advisable due to constant rumours of housing interest rates rising? Or should I wait and monitor the varience as I am new the the game. I know that it is a hard thing to have an answer for, but I thought I would ask.
    cheers,
    Jeff[:)]

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I can’t make a call on what the market is doing.

However as most lenders want you to demonstrate a 5% deposit that has been saved over a 6 month period I would consider paying the minimum off your debts and saving a deposit.

I do have lenders that aren’t so fussy oin this requirement so it isn’t absolute.

Good luck,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of spider_2spider_2
    @spider_2

[:)]hi
    i would be consolidating, but not necessarily rolling everything into my housing loan. pay off you credit card/other debts as quickly as you can and then start your saving.
    examine your lifestyle. where can you cut back? write down ALL your expenditure for a month and see what you do. it can be scary where the money goes!
    look before you leap
    [8D]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Jeff

I would recommend John Burley’s Money Secrets of the Rich. He outlines a way to pay off all debt that I have found quite useful, and it does not involve consolidating.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.