All Topics / Hotch Potch / Heading up North

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of CahKingCahKing
    Participant
    @cahking

Hi All,
    We are about to move out of Sydney, heading for QLD where my partner and I have been taking annual holidays for a few years. We are definitely OVER the negative gearing thing!!!Just wondering if anyone can enlighten us on advisable locations to start looking for properties in QLD. Would appreciate any ideas or any definite no go areas…Thanks

[8D]

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Hi Cashking – like the name [:D]

Yes there are still plenty of cashflow positive areas around queensland and you don’t have to look too far out of town either. I’m in Brisbane and it’s is a bit harder here but I’ve seen it happen here too, certainly anywhere from outer Ipswich west and north of Noosa aren’t too bad. Depends what you are looking for but older houses and blocks of units seem to give the best returns.

Good luck in sourcing some NOT NEGATIVE IP’s in future!

[:)]
    Mel
    [email protected]

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

nice move cashking, we did the same a year ago.

http://www.posigear.8k.com

Profile photo of CahKingCahKing
    Participant
    @cahking

Are you glad you did Crashy?

I think it’ll be a good move for us. We have been talking about doing it for SSSSSOOOOOOOO long, that if we don’t make the move now, we never will, and besides we are so over the nightmare that Sydney has become. Got a few freinds on the coast (Gold), brother in Brisbane. Looking forward to being free for the first time in our lives.
    Where should I NOT look for a house???
    [?]

quote:

nice move cashking, we did the same a year ago.

Participant
    @cahking

Thanks Melanie. I’ll keep your email handy for when I need a loan. Won’t be working for a while, but after I’ve had a ggggggoooooddddd break, I’ll be looking for OPM (BIGTIME).
    Ipswich West hey,
    What about Rocky??? Mackay???Townsville???

Cheers

quote]
    Hi Cashking – like the name [:D]

Yes there are still plenty of cashflow positive areas around queensland and you don’t have to look too far out of town either. I’m in Brisbane and it’s is a bit harder here but I’ve seen it happen here too, certainly anywhere from outer Ipswich west and north of Noosa aren’t too bad. Depends what you are looking for but older houses and blocks of units seem to give the best returns.

Good luck in sourcing some NOT NEGATIVE IP’s in future!

Mel
    [email protected]

[/quote]

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Glad?

Hell yes.

Its hard to get a job though. But if you work from home or live off investments, WOOHOO.

Sydney is the pits. get up, fight traffic, work like a dog, fight the traffic, go to sleep. wot a great life. oh and going out costs a fortune, as does everything down there. people are hurried, rude and snobby, and you need a million bucks just to have a roof over your head.

Give me QLD any day.

Profile photo of hilaryhilary
    @hilary

Lucky things- yes Rocky is still pretty cheap. Mackay and Bundy are a bit ahead of Rocky, but still not too bad.Good luck!

Participant
    @cahking

You are dead right about the “get up go to work, come home, go to sleep” then repeat indefinitely routine” only then to look forward to going out and getting smashed to forget about the nightmare of it all.

Have had enough of that? Won’t be doing it anymore!!!!! Getting rid of all the debt, selling everything that does’nt MAKE money. Keeping the rest. Can’t wait really. Will relax and enjoy…….and maybe go out for a big one every now and then……not every Friday night as is now the case….
    [:D]

Participant
    @cahking

Thanks Hillary.
    Will look at Bundy!!![8D]

Profile photo of Gunner54Gunner54
    @gunner54

quote:

Hi All,
    We are about to move out of Sydney, heading for QLD where my partner and I have been taking annual holidays for a few years. We are definitely OVER the negative gearing thing!!!Just wondering if anyone can enlighten us on advisable locations to start looking for properties in QLD. Would appreciate any ideas or any definite no go areas…Thanks

[8D]

Check out……
    Coombabah,Runaway Bay (gold coast)
    Scarborough,Redcliffe (Nth of Brisbane)
    Both very nice areas with good potential and some excellent fish restaurants (Morgans in Scarborough for quality n service makes Doy**s look like a s*** house)

Participant
    @cahking

Thanks Gunner54.
    I appreciate that. Runaway Bay I am familiar with, but I am not aware of the other 3, so I will check them out.

Thanks again.[:D]Your a legend!
    Ca$hKing

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Howdy,

Seeing some very good property purchases in Rocky, Mackay and Townsville at the moment, particularly blocks of units which means you need a bit of equity/cash to put down but well worth it and lends up to 95% possible, commonly around 90% LVR. Hervey Bay is also zooming ahead as a lifestyle/tourism destination too.

Enjoy the llloooooonnnnnggggg break, summer is definitely the time to do it! [8D]

All of our restaurants are superb, just make sure you get into them before 8:30pm or the kitchen may close on you! We’re still a big country town at heart, plus the sun gets up at 4am in summer, so my puppy dogs like to remind me ….[}:)]

Mel
    [email protected]

Participant
    @cahking

Thanks again Melanie. I will have a look at some unit blocks, as always if the numbers crunch well, I’ll buy!!! Keep that money box open as I may have to dip my fingers into it!!!!

Cheers (I really appreciate you help)

Ca$hKing[8D]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Heading up North’ is closed to new replies.