All Topics / Hotch Potch / shafted by SMH

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

An interesting thing happened today when I sent my ‘3 columb’ ad designed by the SMH (at cost) to The Age. I had booked in the same 3 columb ad, but The Age sent me this email:

“Dear Paul

The pdf advert you sent is only 67mm wide (2 columb), it should be 103mm wide for a 3 columb ad.”

Hmmmm……its not like it was a simple mistake. The guy I talked to told me the 3 col ad would span 10.5 cm. Since both the age and the smh are run by the same company, it is impossible to have 2 different columb sizes. It seems I was scammed. What action can I take?

http://www.posigear.8k.com

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Crashy…

Jeez mate you are having a rough day.

First you get shafted by smh. Take em to court.

Then nobody seems to care…I mean, nobody except me has bothered to respond to your cry for help.
    Crashy, you can’t just accept the situation of being ignored . You may not be able to take the Forum to court but, by hell, I would definetly report em to the Moderators.

Bill O’Mara
    Real Estate,Mortgages,Share Market Strategies.
    [email protected]

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Jeez Bill,

Fair go on us all! I read crashy’s post a little earlier, but having any experience with this sort of thing, I didn’t have anything really helpful to respond with.[:(]

But, Crashy, I agree with Bill, take them to task over it!!![:(!]

Cheers
    Kym

Profile photo of HulaQueenHulaQueen
    @hulaqueen

This happened to us recently – our add did not appear the day it was booked. We called the paper and they are running it twice for us (once free) to make up for it.

Call the company, let them know that you didn’t get what you paid for. They should be able to offer you something – partial rebate, discount on next purchase etc.

If you’re reasonable and friendly most companies will go far to keep you a happy customer. Being friendly but firm is important.

Cheers!
    Sheryl

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘shafted by SMH’ is closed to new replies.