Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ThomasThomas
    @thomas

I have heard that the FHOG is only available if you property purchase is under $300K. Is this correct, or is the person I know talking out of the wrong orifice.

Profile photo of ForwardForward
    @forward

In WA there is no price limit. This weeks paper stated that 23 West Australians used the grant to buy houses worth over $1 million and another 422 used the money for houses between $500,000 and $1 million.

There is now a proposal for people buying a property worth more than $500,000 would not have access to the grant.

Cheers

V

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

There is no limit.

You might be confused with some of the stamp duty concessions available for first home owners.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

From what I have heard the Fed Govt (the ones who made the FHOG law) have no intention of changing the qualifying, or anything else. In regards to the kids that have been paid the grant, that is a State by State thing, and based on the legal age to buy a house. I thought it was 18, but obviously not. NSW is apparently now raising the level to 16, and one other state (can’t remember) already has it at 18.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.