Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Some interesting reading. I am getting a report done at the moment by these folks – they seem very professional. They refund the costs if they don’t get you a tax claim larger than the report cost!

http://www.deppro.com/articles.asp

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

thanks Simon, interesting points to consider in the articles. HG

Profile photo of Dingo21Dingo21
    @dingo21

In order to protect yourself from the tax man it is always prudent to obtain a QS report. The ATO have been extremely unhappy with some investors estimation of the depreciable value and in most cases now want to see a QS report. Add to this the fact that in most cases a QS can maximise the depreciated items and it’s money well spent.

If you have a look at:

http://invest.dha.gov.au/dha/

this has some good examples of depreciation schedules. Most of these properties are negatively geared some not appropriate fior this discussion.

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Hi Guys,

I had a report done by these guys for the last IP I purchased, I was really happy with the results – especially since it was an older property, I was happy with their service and their professionalism.
    All Good!!!

Cheers
    Kym
    [:D]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.