All Topics / General Property / QS for NW WA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of HotRodHotRod
    @hotrod

Forumites

Does anyone on the list have a name of a reputable quantity surveyor that works in the north west of WA?

Looking at the yellow pages a lot of the offices are here in Perth and I can’t find any regional ones.

Later…..

Profile photo of lynnemlynnem
    @lynnem

hi forumites
    try DEPRO. l have used them and they were thorough.think they do the northwest. read it on a post here couple of months ago
    cheers lynnem

Profile photo of steveodsteveod
    @steveod

This is probably a stupid question, but what do you use a quantity surveyor for??

Profile photo of Barbara1Barbara1
    Participant
    @barbara1

Hi Steveod,

No not a silly question…!!
    Briefly, a Quantity Surveyor will prepare a formal report for you that you can use for depreciation purposes (mmm more money back!!yippee)[:)][:)] .
    Firstly if you have an IP that you didnt build yourself then a QS can estimate what it cost to build thus enabling you to claim the “special building writeoff ” (depending on date of construction – mid 1985 onwards).
    Secondly, they can also include items such as Hot Water Services, Ovens,Light fittings,carpets and Curtains..etc etc(& some stuff you may not have thought of) thus enabling you to depreicate them at their applicable rates.
    Of course there is a charge which last time I checked ranged from approx $450 – $700 (in SYD).
    Hope this gives you a bit of an idea..even if it is brief (well kinda).
    Cheers…Barbara[:)]

Profile photo of FibejebeFibejebe
    @fibejebe

You pre-empted my question Barbara. Last night we got offered a QS report here in South Perth for $440 through the Investors Club that we belong to. They said that they can cost up to $750 to get it done privately. I was wondering whether they were inflating the price for their own means however appears not.
    Cheers.
    Fibejebe [8D]

quote:

a Quantity Surveyor will prepare a formal report for you that you can use for depreciation purposes (mmm more money back!!yippee)[:)][:)] .

Of course there is a charge which last time I checked ranged from approx $450 – $700 (in SYD).

Cheers…Barbara[:)]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Fibejebe,

i’ve used DEPPRO and no problems,happy with the job, large company and cost ? $440.. easy

redwing

“The man that thinks at 5o as he did when he was 20 has wasted 30 years of his life”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.