Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of lister6lister6
    @lister6

I have an idea of buying some cheap land and then getting a free house from the trading post.The house would be moved on site by truck.Does anyone know of any one that has had a house moved in this way and the costs involved.Do you think this would be cheaper then buying an existing house.Thankyou.

DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi lister

we did it. instead of extensions to our home we relocated a same style period home onto the back of our house turning our home from 12 squares to 26 squares. the house cost 3,000 but relocating it from 100km away and putting a new roof on it cost 20,000. i remember when we got it i said “it might take me 12 months to finnish it off, i’m not in any hurray” that was 5 yrs ago and i still haven’t finished it yet. But then again i’ve had 2 extra kids to add to the three, i’ve bought 30 odd houses renovated a few and had a busy full time job so maybe i’m not too slack. Sorry lister back to useful info for you. there are lots of extra costs electrical, plumbing, replastering, we did major alterations to our house. Be prepared to have a lot of extra cash it is difficult to get finance for a house on the back of a truck. the council will ask for deposits, the relocators want their pay, so you need a lot of up front money. when its finished you can go back and refinance it to get it back.

hope that’s a start, any specific questions?
    westan

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day Lister..

Maybe cheaper but I have heard figures of $18,000 mentioned. Then you have to erect on your site..I dunno Stumps maybe…

Billfromoz

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

hi

bill my price of 20k included new stumps and a new roof.

westan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.