All Topics / Opinionated! / Cashflow the Egame

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Native_MetaLNative_MetaL
    @native_metal

has anyone played this game yet ?
    is it worth buying ?

Thanks

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey Native

I think so. If you enjoyed the board game then definitely. There has been a bit of a previous discussion on this topic though, so there will be more opinions in it.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Am I mistaken, are you talking about an electronic version of Cashflow?

[She asks with excitement]

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

@melbear

Most definitely Leigh. From memory it’s about $199, and if you go to powwowevents.com.au you can order it. I will admit – I am addicted!! I have to work out which I want to do, catch up on the forum, or play the game. As I can play on my lonesome it’s a 50/50 split at present!!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of Jay74Jay74
    @jay74

Mel,

I’ve been considering buying it myself and was wondering if you can play it online.

Also if you’ve played the board game, how would you compare the two?

Thanks.[:)]

Jay

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Mel

I was going to ask the same thing as Jay.

Is it any fun on your own?

And when are we going to organise a Melbourne Cashflow tournament?

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

@melbear

Jay/Leigh

Yep, you can play it online – in fact there is a link in the game that will connect you. I am unsure if you have to pay for this privilege though (I’m guessing yes as I remember RK talking about having people subscribed at $20 per month). If you click on this link it will check to see if your game needs upgrading and do this automatically for you.

For comparisons with the board game – the e game is a lot ‘simpler’ in that you have to know where to put the various items, like income, mortgage, expenses etc., but that the computer will automatically do the addition and subtraction, and let you know when you’re out of the Rat Race. No more constant erasing and adding up. Yee Ha.

Playing on your own. Well, if you’re like me and find it hard to get family or friends to play – or it has to be organised in detail etc., then playing alone is much more fun, cos you can do it when you want – provided somebody else isn’t using the computer!! You play up to 4 computer players, or 5 humans, or 1 person making 5 lots of decisions if that’s the way you want to do it. You start recognising some of the computer personalities after a while, with some never taking bank loans, or buying stocks – even at $1 each!!

In regards to melbourne, can’t help, sorry. I’m in our nation’s capital.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

hey guys,[:D]

i was just wondering, do you think i should buy the boardgame first or the e-game? [?]
    i only have a 56K modem if that matters? [?]

thanks guys

[;)] Powmow [;)]

Profile photo of KristineKristine
    @kristine

okay i am in Melbourne (Diamond Crek) and have a interested person who has the game that wants to come to my place to play it please give me some dates that others are able to come Ummm a Friday or saturday night thing i was thinking I am unavailable this 25th Oct weekend but other weeks are fine…I know you are interested Leigh throw some dates at me when you are available…will your hubby play seperatly to you or with you just so i know on numbers we can play with 6 and a banker or do our own banking?? If anyone else is interested in playing let me know [email protected]

@melbear

powmow, if you buy the e game you do not HAVE to play online, that’s an added feature. If you have people who will be willing to play with you (RK suggests once a month as a minimum) a bit, then go the board game – it’s a bit more fun than all sitting around a computer, having to ‘hot seat’ it when it’s your turn etc. If you don’t have that willing group, then the computer game is an excellent alternative for you to get a similar (probably not as good as playing with real people) benefit in learning etc.

I think the e game is cheaper?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

hey guys its me again,

i was just wondering is it hard to learn how to play?

i am just about to go out and buy the E-game.

thanks

[:D] Powmow [:D]

@melbear

Nope. Easy to learn the idea and how to move etc., bit harder to learn the best strategy – but you only learn that by playing anyway.

There’s some fairly good online tutorials in the game, but I didn’t use them cos I had played the boardgame and knew how it all worked.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.