Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of hope55hope55
    @hope55

Does anyone know about land tax and when it kicks in? I’ve heard people say you have to careful about land tax when you own several properties but it can be minimised by splitting between couples. Is this right and how much is the tax? I’d appreciate any info – thanks.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Check out

http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/portal/page?_pageid=33,63650&_dad=portal&_schema=OSRPTLT

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of OzpatinQ8OzpatinQ8
    @ozpatinq8

Hi,

I couldnt link to that site Simon, but land tax is a state tax so you can minimize by spreading your investments around each state. The amount payable depends on the value of all your properties land values in a particular state. Tax levied goes up at increments of 100k,300K, 500K,1M and 2M.

I have the figures here, if you want let me know what state your in.

Cheers

Oz

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

mmmm me neither

try http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au and follow the links to land tax.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.