All Topics / Forum Frolic / Getting Children to Sleep

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Okay, so I’ll relate this to property…

I’m sitting trying to search my favourite realestate web sites and I can hear my boys having a jam session in their room. There is no instrument that can compete with the likes of Cot banging (against wall thankfully, not against head) and foot kicking (this is also against wall) to make a top 10 pop song.

So what’s your trick for getting the kids to bed?

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hold your child in your arms, rock & sing until he falls asleep. Put him gently down to his bed. If he opens his eyes you better take him to your bed & let him sleep next to you. It works well to all my kids.[^]

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

My favourite nursury rhymn was “go to sleep, go to sleep so you’re Mummy can go too. Whoever comes up with an idea on getting small children to sleep will not have to worry about property to become a millionaire.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Oh the Cot Rock by the Foot Bang Band, we know it well.

I find a cup of tea and a scotch help, for yourself of course and then maybe for the kids if all else fails.[;)]

Soosh you are a midwife, what hope do the rest of us have if you can’t get them to sleep[:D]

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Our 2 are good at getting themselves to bed.. they get dressed in PJs, and kisses and hugs all round…”Good Night, Sleep Tight, Dont let the bed bugs bite, and I love you.” Then they go to bed ….some nights you can hear them talking/playing for a short while…[:)]

When they were bubs, it was tiring them out by playing or running around so they were tired.. or “you can read for 10minutes but quietly..”[:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

LOL!!!
    It’s easy peasy getting someone elses child to bed, in fact when I was in one of the various mother-and-baby units, whilst all the mothercraft nurses were TRYING to get my boys to bed, I went and helped the other mothers. By the time they got my 2 off to bed, I’d settled nearly half of the babies in the Queen Elizabeth Centre!
    What I didn’t know then, but I do now, is that some children with Autism have severe settling issues in infancy. When I found that out, it explained a lot, especially why my boys liked to be tightly wrapped up to 12 months.
    How many babies get thrown out of a nursery? Anyway it was a good learning experience having had these issues, puts things in perspective.

Cheers

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

You are a very special talented lady Soosh[:X]

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

@sooshie

Howdi,

Leigh… All WOMEN are very special and talented ladies [:D], but I thank you for your kind words [:I]. I think the feeling is mutual [8D] You are doing a wonderful job too!

Hugs XOXOX

Participant
    @arty

Sooshie.. and I thought getting 2 to bed was hard… You did well ! [:D]

Every noticed if a stranger (that you know but your child doesnt “just to keep this safe”) tells/asks your child to do something..like “what are you doing standing on that chair…” it usually works. It must be the stranger aspect of it… or something…. [?]

Regards,
    Arty.

@sooshie

Hi Arty,

I reckon it relates to the ‘Ego’. I think the majority of children know that mum and dad love them, and if they do something naughty, that’s okay, because mum and dad still love me.
    Almost like falling off a tightrope, knowing there is a big air filled mattress to break the fall.
    Alas, with strangers, they do things to gain approval and to look good in other people’s eyes. Mum and dad might love them, but the real test to see how ‘special’ they are is if they can convince another person how well behaved or how sweet or cute they are.
    Peer pressure (for good things) also works well, so I’m told.

What do you think?

Cheers
    Soosh [:)]

Participant
    @arty

Sooshie, agreed !..[^]

Its funny too, even if your child is “in trouble” by mum.. and a stranger says something to them, most of the time the child will stand behind the mum for protection.. grabbing onto the leg.. haha [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

@sooshie

Hi there,

My Simon (2years on the 4.11.03) grabs hold of both my legs from behind and sticks his head between, so I can’t walk and If I try to twist and pick him up he runs through my legs. Sometimes he bites [}:)] (usually before he runs through my legs). That’s very embarrassing [:I], not to mention very sore, but I can’t rub it better without getting more strange looks [B)]!

The joys of parenthood!
    what a journey [;)]

Cheers
    Soosh [:)]

Profile photo of investorxdrawdinairinvestorxdrawdinair
    @investorxdrawdinair

Singing worked with my two, and now also with my granddaughter …. it doesn’t take them long to realise that the only way to get away from my awful voice is to go to sleep !!!! LOL [:D]

Participant
    @arty

Sooshie ouchhhhhhh! … It would be funny to see you jumping around the supermarket rubbing various places in the underworld.. LOL [:D][:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

@sooshie

Hi Arty,

Maybe jumping around a supermarket is fun for you Arty, but not for me (especially since it’s happened – but on the hillier bits of my anatomy) The lower bites occur mainly in parks or at home, when he’s head is level to that area (it’s all about demographics “Location Location Location” [:D])… Bites hurt! I call him the “human mosquito” [}:)]

I think investorxdrawdinair could be my mother-in-law. We all evacuate the house if she sings… Nah…just teasing investorxdrawdinair! I’m sure you have a fine voice. [:)]

Cheers
    Cheeky Sooshie [:)]

Participant
    @arty

Sooshie,

Im a qualified ONLINE doctor !!… if you send me the picture of ALL the wounds in question, I can diagnose the best remedy !!> [:D]

It must be detailed photos, of every inch to make a good diagnosis.. LOL [8D][8D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.