All Topics / Forum Frolic / Whats the worst job u have ever done?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi Arty,

I had a job with David Jones, working on Saturday mornings. They put me at the counter to sell “stockings & panty hoses”. I was painfully shy at that time so when someone approached me for assistance I had a red face & forgot my English. I was a real bad shop assistant so I gave it up after a few weeks because I didn’t feel right to earn the money they paid.

Cheers

Huey

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Huey,

I think they were having a joke on you. Poor thing! I hope you keep a sense of humour about it.
    My Malay-Chinese friends had one hell of a time learning English. I used to edit some of my friends ESL essays and “Fracturation” = “Fraction” (maths reference). I used to get asked “What’s Oki-Doki animal?”.
    Ahh…those where the good ole days’

Cheeers
    Sooshie [:D]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Thanks Sooshie,

I didn’t know Arty teases me. I should stay away from this section.[:O]

Regards

Huey

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

By far the worst job in the world is being a bank teller.

Standing up in one spot all day on concrete covered with cheap carpet
      no breaks except lunch
      abused by customers as though I personally set fees and charges
      dealing with long queues of angry people
      paid peanuts

I’m shivering at the memory……yuck

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

Huey….

quote:

I didn’t know Arty teases me. I should stay away from this section.

Did i tease you ? [:O]
    When.. [:D]

Anyway, im gathering your first language isnt English, I work with a Huey too ! [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Participant
    @huey

Hi Arty,

I’m not sure because I don’t often understand jokes (in any languages) but Sooshie thinks so and I trust her. [:(!]

Is your workmate a -ve or +ve Huey? I have that name because people can’t pronounce my real name. I’m a Huey but I don’t look like Huey the famous Cook on TV. I have long hair, pink cheeks[:I] & as old as your mum.

Cheers

Huey

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi Huey,

Sometimes the written word on computer is often misunderstood or ‘read’ incorrectly, purely because it doesn’t have the ‘voice’ or intonation behind it. So it’s easy not to understand what is a joke or what is meant as a joke.
    Anyway, you can join my group, because I find it hard to get some jokes too! [:D]
    Arty’s cool, you can trust him too. He’s got a good sense of humour [:0)][:)]

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Participant
    @arty

Huey, I wouldnt have done that intentionally .. sorry if i did … [^]

Sooshie… aww thanks !.. [:I]

Regards,
    Arty.

Participant
    @huey

It’s ok Arty, my kids tease me all the times. I like your motto :

“Why work to the age where you cant enjoy what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

I asked myself that question a few years ago & decided to retire early. It’s the best decision I’ve ever made. Now I do whatever I want to do & enjoy life.

[:D]

Huey

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

000 operator for the Police. I’ve been asked for taxis, pizzas, would the kind police give me a lift home because i’m too pi!!ed to drive, and sex in every position you could (and didn’t need to know) existed [:O]. I’ve been sworn at constantly, abused, threatened and even told that they knew where I lived and were going to kill me, all in one day!!! [xx(] but once – yes once someone actually told one of the police officers to personally thank me after assisting with an emergency – just once in 4 years but it was the sweetest moment [:)]- HG

Participant
    @arty

Hg….if you get anymore offers for sex.. divert the call to me !!! [:D][:D][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

OK, the question has been posted for a while .. so here goes.

Worst job .. at age 14 .. assisting in the kill of my positive cash flow chooks on the farm!!

I had helped Dad (RIP), in slaughtering sheep. (The first one is always the worst, especially if Dad accidentally pierced the sheep’s gut.) I trapped, shot, skinned and gutted rabbits with ease. Threw the bunnies to the dogs and sold the stretched out skins over number 8 wire for $1 a pound to the local skin buyer. But when it came to Aunty Madeline’s visit that summer, I was devastated. We ate chook for weeks, but my cash on cash return took a back step for a while.

Deal was, Dad set me up with the first consignment of pullets plus a bushell of feed, provided that I supply Mum with as many eggs as she needed. The remainder I sold to family, friends and the village shop for 50c a dozen.

To see the copper on the boil, the smell and my Auntie’s nonchalance to the task, was indescribably a quick learning curve in the intricies of economies of scale.

I went on to pump petrol, fix punctures 5 days a week (thanks to another enterprising brother), mow lawns on Saturdays, be Mr. Whippy on Sundays and sell watches at the local club on Friday nights. 7 days+ work each week, and greatful for the opportunity at such a young age.

Sooshie .. my hat is off to you. I would endure many other jobs than that of nurse, doctor, ambo or copper.

Kind regards, Phil

Profile photo of camvivcamviv
    Participant
    @camviv

LuckyPhil
    Quote: fix punctures 5 days a week (thanks to another enterprising brother)

Do you mean that your brother would go around puncturing the car tyres and then you would fix them for a fee? [:O]

Or did he just have a tyre business. [:D]

And as for me I haven’t had a bad job compared to others but my wife is an assistant nurse in a nursing home and get to clean up elderly people like shoosie did so I know how you must feel from what my wife tells me.

things like shower them, brush their teeth, wheel them to the toilet then wipe them and many other things that we take for granted.

I have a lot of respect for my wife and others like her.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Camviv,

Re punctures .. No, not quite. But I did suggest once that I might scatter a few nails within a 5 mile radius of the Service Station, to increase business.

I also showed him how when Multigrade oil is mixed with sump oil, it looks like GTX. Thankfully, he was far more intelligent and moral than my enterprising 15 year old brain at the time.

I ordered some emergency plastic windscreens from the local rep. Not a great demand in local city streets, but figured they were a good idea. I was questioned about the choice of stock for the showroom. I made a $10 bet that I would sell one by the end of the day. They retailed for less than $5, so I bought one to win the bet!!

Phil

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Camviv,

Re punctures .. No, not quite. But I did suggest once that I might scatter a few nails within a 5 mile radius of the Service Station, to increase business.

I also showed him how when Multigrade oil is mixed with sump oil, it looks like GTX. Thankfully, he was far more intelligent and moral than my enterprising 15 year old brain at the time.

I ordered some emergency plastic windscreens from the local rep. Not a great demand in local city streets, but figured they were a good idea. I was questioned about the choice of stock for the showroom. I made a $10 bet that I would sell one by the end of the day. They retailed for less than $5, so I bought one to win the bet!!

Phil

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.