All Topics / General Property / Investing in rural melbourne

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JoshwalyJoshwaly
    @joshwaly

Hi everyone,

I have began some initial research in a number of areas with a popoullation in between 15 000 to 70 000 i cant seem to find any other information that i may need such as tennant turnover and also rental income for the corresponding areas anyone know where i might find some information regarding these topics. Real estate agents have been in contact but seem to shrug the idea off trying to get a sale.

And whom may i contact to do an inspection of the property i.e for any building problems, is there some sort of company that deals with building inspection

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I started with an economic profile that was prepared by the local council.

There should be stats available – but you may have to pay for them. See the links area on this site for some useful information, and I think http://www.propertyvalue.com.au/ might be of some help too.

As for tenant turnover etc. ABS data is likely to be too generic, but the REIV / REIA may be able to help.

You are going to need to throw some time at this to get the outcome you want.

Finally, watch out for rural areas… be sure to have a plan and a purpose to your investing rather than being caught up in a mad +ve gearing panic resulting from the book and recent boom.

Investing fundamentals rather than hype must always shine through.

Good luck,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of JoshwalyJoshwaly
    @joshwaly

Thanks for the reply and yeah i agree but after your recent 0 to 130 i was very eager to say the least.

Could anyone suggest anything for a STUDENT tht is below 20 and is a casual employee. I have spoken to a mortgage broker whom was very helpfull however to my detriment i realised that i could in NO way get finance.

Would it help if my deposit exceeded 20% and also if my paretns went guarentor on the loan and i re financed the loan to change it to my name??

Any help would b muchely appreciated

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I’m not a broker but do have experience with 3rd party security and guarantor’s. It may help your case but you still need the income to support yourself and the loan. Most major banks won’t budge above 30-33% of your income towards payments.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.