All Topics / General Property / Where to buy an IP in NZ for under $35K??

Viewing 81 post (of 81 total)
  • Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

hi lawrence –

http://www.wcc.govt.nz/publications/reports/archive/qoflife/page13.html

scroll down to the table with the most affordable areas for houses in NZ. then concentrate looking in the three most affordable areas. And at the bottom of the market. That’s where you will likely find the best yields. The properties could also be challenged. They may be in areas that are hard to rent. And they may need doing up in order to attract a tenant. Basically, buyer beware. Do your due diligence. i did. Lots of it. And asking me what I think doesn’t count as due diligence, OK!???!!! But still – last time i looked ( a few days ago) there were still quite a few houses for sale for under 30 and a few under 20.

Perhaps not enough for everyone on this forum to get 10 each, but they still exist.

I have noticed that in the last 6 months what you get for that money is not as good as when i bought. So capital gain is alive and well, for the moment – even in the regional towns. Make of that what you will…..

one other thing – open2view seems to be a more upmarket site, with more upmarket properties. One of the properties I ended up buying was listed simultaneously on realenz for 29 and on open2view complete with virtual tour for 44K. say no more…

cheers-
    Mini

Viewing 81 post (of 81 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.