All Topics / Hotch Potch / bye bye D4F, hello ASSET

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Those shonky pommy buggers at D4F tried to shaft us by increasing the margin from 5% to 10%

behold the competition:

http://www.a-s-s-e-t.com

http://www.posigear.8k.com

Profile photo of xyzzyxyzzy
    Participant
    @xyzzy

It was 10% when they started and they halved it to 5% on the 16th Jan 2003 but the most annoying thing is that they are now only the ASX 100 instead of the ASX 200 and a lot of yummy situtations are not tradable

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Have not investigated any alternative CFD platforms yet, but someone gave me this link.

http://www.igmarkets.com.au/

another on to check out

Wayne

@waynel

This IG Markets mob charges .5% commission on the notional value of the CFD. [:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O][:O]

Pass

Participant
    @xyzzy

Come on what’s wrong with 10 percent. The equity boys want 30 %. We just got spoilt for a while!

@waynel

I WANT 5%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (screams while stamping feet!)[:D]

Participant
    @xyzzy

But the index is 1 %

DANGERMOUSE stuff!

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

Tricom will do 5% but you gotta buy a put…….

http://www.posigear.8k.com

@waynel

quote:

But the index is 1 %

DANGERMOUSE stuff!

The amount of leverage is largely irrelevant if you stick to your preset risk parameters.

People tend to feel obliged to crank up their risk just because an instrument is highly leveraged…..NO,NO,NO. Whether margin is 100%, 10%, 5%, 3% or 1% should not matter.

Stick to your money management rules.

(end of sermon)[;)]

I just want 5% margin cause I don’t like a lot of my money in CMC’s account. Safer in my cash management account.

Wayne

@waynel

Crashy,

Does this Asset mob do Aussie share CFD’s? I can’t find any reference on the sight.

Cheers wayne

Profile photo of RichoRicho
    @richo

As a D4F customer I was ropeable when they quietly slipped through the changes. Wayne is right who want’s to have twice as much money (5% to 10%) in your CMC account, they hardly instil me with a lot of confidence.

But yeah the worst part is cutting from the ASX 200 to ASX 100. Seems to me they may have been burnt over the last couple of months, I know a lot of people who made a killing on VCR. I was one who did, rode it from 1.44 to 3.2 and got out. Add 95% leverage to that gain and it’s a nice return for a few weeks work. But for every winner somebody has to lose and I reckon D4F have taken a few big hits on stocks outside of the ASX 100. So what do you do if your not winning the game you own? Change the rules. I continue to trade with DF4 but my opinion of them is very low and I don’t trust them one iota.

Anyway will just have to beat them on the ASX 100.

Happy punting… err trading.

Chris.

@waynel

‘Onya Chris

Keep it up m8…we’ll correct the balance of trade problems all by ourselves, eh!![:D]

Wayne

Profile photo of drhappydrhappy
    @drhappy

I agree with every insult here about D4F. The worst thing for me is that they no longer accept even stop or limit orders on the ASX unless the market is open, so honest hard working people are stuffed.
    The other weird thing about the changes is I thought they took a net position calculated by all their customers individual positions and then massaged that with some fancy computer program they use and along with their spreads they couldn’t lose either way. Must be hard for the poor dears if somehow some of us are actually making a buck.

Cheers Deano

Participant
    @xyzzy

Be Told ….

VCR was not good … for them!

On the other hand my creditors wish to thank them for allowing me the oppurtinity to deal with them.

Forget what they gave me for some of my position – high 300’s from memory.

Onwards and upwards we only have 100 charts to look at now. Play hard trade harder!

Let us not forget when the Barings bank failed was anyobdy bailed out! It was a bank and had been going for hundreds of years.

Even Rails Bookmakers have defaulted on their on their bets.

How do you think they will go if the Dow moves a quick 1000 in a night. Will you be waiting forever for a fill? How wide will their spreads be then?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘bye bye D4F, hello ASSET’ is closed to new replies.