All Topics / General Property / Research methods

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of pinit2000pinit2000
    @pinit2000

Hi Pete,

Excellent points.

quote:

But with a job you can’t just get up and go, so you lose the deal unless you’re willing to buy sight unseen.

True most people have jobs AND families to take care of. The people on this forum that say they bought 3 properties last week etc.. are “professional investors” or they have a lot time to spare. This is not always obvious to the newby and that is why they get so frustrated!!

So what do you do?
    – Organise your holidays so you can have a good time and look for IP’s (be careful from a tax point of view though, if you want to claim your expenses).
    – Learn time management.
    – Network with other people.
    – Do as much research on the NET and on the phone.

However, IP is not everything in life, and shouldn’t become an obsession.

I wouldn’t recommend people buy sight unseen! Always check on the place.

redwing

quote:

And was interesting to note they were “not” country towns !! as i know them anyway, i think in the book Ballarats population was at 80 000+ wasn’t it??

Exactly! but see my other post for some ideas on how to find pcf props in major towns.

Pin

Profile photo of bannerbanner
    Participant
    @banner

A great place to hear a lot of opinions about a place is the local watering hole! Go into a well populated pub and strike up a conversation at the bar and before you know it everyone wants to tell you where the best spots are.

Profile photo of JoshwalyJoshwaly
    @joshwaly

Heya thank you soo much for your help and i will take on your advice its good to see the pros shedding some light for well a new generation of investors [8D][:D][:I][:D][8D][:D]

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.