All Topics / General Property / Difficulty In Finding Propery

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of BrettCBrettC
    Participant
    @brettc

Hi Steve, I have justed read and enjoyed your book. We have 3 negative geared properties in Sydney, but I now agree that it possibly the wrong strategy ( I am looking to sell them).

I have been looking for property that meets the 11 sec check, but have had no luck in NSW – many of the property web sites do not have a section for property under $200K. Is it realistic to expect to find a property, for under $200K, that meets the 11 sec check in NSW? Any advice on target areas would be appreciated.[?]

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

G’day Brett,

I cant speak for NSW properties, but I have found them in Qld. I finished reading Steve’s book 4 weeks ago and have bought 2 properties since then that meet the “11 sec solution”, as well as another 5 properties in the same town, but finances restrict the number of purchases for now.

As you will see mentioned many times on this forum, its just a matter of research, hours upon hours of it.

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi BrettC,

Thanks for making this post.

I accept that it is getting harder to find positive cashflow properties that what it was back when I started.

But that is not to say it was easy back then either. I think people misunderstand how hard it was… they didn’t just exist on every streetcorner.

No, you had to try and find a property and work a solution so that you were comfortable with the risk.

To this extent, I think the way people are trying to find deals is leading the astray. The key is to seek problems, not solutions. By solving problems with the appropriate strategy then you stand to make money.

Furthermore, you can still stand to gain from capital appreciation too. The important thing to note is that you need to exit strategy rather than holding for the long-ter.

Finally, remember that we are at the tail end of a seller’s market. Things will change as market conditions alter from the current boom.

How to prepare for change and what to look for now and into the future are the main topics of the upcoming seminar.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.