All Topics / Opinionated! / CHILL People!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hey All,

If you are all so bored, you’re welcome to come and live with me for a week [:D]. Life is never dull at Soosh’s residence [:0)]
    Please remember, this forum serves to provide people with a useful resource. Slanging matches serve nothing but to distract from the essence of the posts.
    Obviously there are some of you who have too much time on your hands. Might I suggest volunteering some of your time to helping out families who really need help. Summer is coming, why not train up as a volunteer SES [?]

Don’t make problems when there are none….All are welcome, just follow the rules, be respectfull of others thoughts and ideas and

CHILL !!!

I was taught this simple song at school (when life and lifestyles were less complicated)… So I’ll share it with you all now.

Let’s be friends,
    Make Amends
    It’s time to say
    I’m Sorry.

Night Night

Soosh[8D]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi Sooshie,

Indeed, this forum serves as a great resource. It serves perhaps a multiple purpose for some. I can’t recall any recent slanging matches though. Perhaps I missed or ignored the latest. All appears to be usual interaction to me. I am appreciative of what I have learnt from others here, and the willingness of most to answer questions. It seems that it’s human nature to provide the answer when you know it. That is why such forums do work.

I have worked something out as to why they sometimes do not work. Who has ever sent a letter or an SMS and regretted part of the wording? Has anyone ever sent an e-mail, only to have the meaning misconstrued due to the readers interpretation? How does one shrug one’s shoulders over the phone, or by letter and still properly get the message across?

Even if you are a fine wordsmith, the interpretation and accentuation of your words will be formed in the mind of the reader. Maybe that’s why God invented italics. It is difficult to convey accent on words precisely. The meaning of an entire sentence can be changed.

Arguments often arise from the detail. The best way to attempt to win any argument (even in a win-win) is to attack that detail. And so it escallates.

Certainly not bored Sooshie, but intrigued by human nature, supposed arguments residing within a grey box on my desk, yet appreciative of the networking opportunities and advice herein.

Kind regards to all, Phil

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there Phil,

I’m glad that you enjoy the forum [8D].

quote:

If you are all so bored, you’re welcome to come and live with me for a week

This was meant tongue-in-cheek ([:P]) and was not meant for anyone to get defensive about (not saying that you did though, just a clarification).
    Posting, is 2-D and so it’s hard to actually ascertain the ‘exact’ nature of the ‘spirit’ of the post, just like you mentioned in the post, and I can appreciate that. Human nature is wonderful to study, I agree, but when do you actually jump in when you see that someone is getting ‘pummled’ whilst you’re watching the scene take place[?]
    ‘Bystander Apathy’ is not really an option for a moderator, but I’d like to think I give people a fair go.
    PI’s a great site, many positive attributes especially the community spirit. So let’s enhance those features and move forward.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

The good thing about the forum is you can always go back and edit or delete what you say and change the official record.

That way you can feel just like a politician and having the chance to edit what you said after saying it but before it is entered into Hansard.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Thanks Steve for that perspective [:D]
    I think the forum should be very pleased I’m not running for parliament………………. YET!!! [;)][:0)][:0)][:0)]

Although I can think of worse things to do than to keep a office seat nice and warm until I can walk away with a golden handshake and for the rest of my life think I’m Goldfinger! [;)]

Going to go and contemplate which seat I’d run for…
    LOL! [:D]

Sooshie [:0)]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.