All Topics / Hotch Potch / Investors Forum – Report

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi guys

I am being dragged off to a free property investors seminar by some wannabie property investors tomorrow night.

This seminar is being run by a crowd called Investors Forum.
    Question….. Does anyone know anything about these people please?

It appears the seminar will run for about 3 hrs. They appear to have the gift of the gab without giving away many details.

eg Invest at builders cost
    Establish good debt not bad debt
    Outperform the market
    Maximise cash flow
    Obtain hassle-free management
    Minimise risk
    Create retirement wealth

This posting is mainly for NZ forumites but any suggestions etc will help.

Regards

Profile photo of www.Landlords.co.nzwww.Landlords.co.nz
    @www.landlords.co.nz

taken from http://www.investorsforum.co.nz

The Investors Forum is a membership-based organisation of like-minded individuals who collectively negotiate for greater savings in residential property developments.

With over 1500 members, the Investors Forum has developed into a recognised leader of residential property investment through its quality information and investment product delivery. Whilst acting as a facilitator for its members, the Investors Forum utilises the resources of a large network of reputable independent professionals who understand and adhere to the Investors Forum vision. The Investors Forum provides a platform for the wealthy, or planning-on-becoming-wealthy to strategise their investment decision making, then helps you go and do it.

The Investors Forum is not a property development company–it doesn’t buy land or build houses. The Investors Forum sources residential property development projects that will make good investments for our members. To ensure the developers of the projects build in ways consistent with the Investors Forum ethos, the McEwan family may also hold financial interest in the development companies concerned. Our members appreciate and understand this strategy.

end quote

Other WOW’s
    their testimonials are from cities!
    “Excellent, very exciting. Dan is a great speaker and very good to listen to. Look forward to coming again and investing”. Wellington

[:D] its been a company for 1 year
    Registered Office
    Level 1, 59 Pitt Street
    Auckland City
    Directors
    MCEWAN, Robert Daniel

heres another forum post… including a user who has purchaesed 2 proiperties thru them.
    http://www.housemouse.co.nz/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=130

and heres a news clipping about the purchase of their queenstown land.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/businessstorydisplay.cfm?storyID=3198444

they have some cash to throw around, maybe i should get into the property seminar business!
    ( just do the calculations on the richmastery 3 day academy seminars. [:O] )

NZ Property Investing News
    http://www.Landlords.co.nz

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Craig

Thank you very much for the information.

I think I can see my wannabes being asked to buy a $2500 ticket to a weekend seminar.

Regards

Profile photo of graemehgraemeh
    @graemeh

muppet, I’m curious to hear what you think after you have been to the sales pitch.

I also did the calculation on the richmastery seminar, I assumed 500 participants (from counting tables in the photos) and $1,000 profit per head. Not a bad way to get $500k and I think they are running two seminars in October.

I can see when the current property boom subsides and people go off property I will have to start preparing seminar material to sell during the next boom.

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

I went to the richmastery seminar in October in sydney this year. and you’re right there were alot of people there. I have learnt quite a bit from those guys, though it was pretty intensive trying to remember everything. over all it was money well spent. they gave me the contacts i needed (ie property accountants etc) and i use the mortgage broker they put me onto. The broker is great, and i can call her anytime i want with questions, she double checks my numbers for me. The accountant i hired does the same thing for me.
    If i had known about steve prior to meeting those at the richmastery seminar i more than likely would have used him instead, only because steve’s seminars are cheaper by about 1000 dollars.

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Muppet

Just be kind and don’t give them too much grief[;)].

BTW, how is your ENJO Garage Glove? And how are your 20 kids!

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of www.Landlords.co.nzwww.Landlords.co.nz
    @www.landlords.co.nz

muppet,

definatley keen to get your feedback on the seminar.

And by the way they speak about ‘members’ the subscriptoin model required to participate in their “exclusive wholesale” deals.

Cheers

Craig
    NZ Property Investing News
    http://www.Landlords.co.nz

@muppet

Hi Guys

Well I survived the meeting. Spent 2 1/2 hrs glued to my chair. Luckily it wasn’t too hard the seat that is.

Here are a number of comments and thoughts about the presentation.

He started by presenting some facts and figures designed to frighten us to whether there will be any superannuation available when we retire. Therefore we will have to create some wealth for our retirement and what better than to use property.(ha,ha)

He then proceeded to use figures showing how
    property doubles in value every 10 yrs or so.

Now this is where Investors Forum step in. This organisation sources property in HIGH CAPITAL GAINS areas and sells to investors.

These properties are rated as AAA by banks and therefore will qualify for an 80% loan.
    They will basically look in cities of 100,000 people or more. These cities include some areas of Dunedin, Queenstown, some areas of Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton and Auckland. Also Napier and Taupo are coming into consideration because of high growth.

They consider areas where people want to live and therefore will pay a higher rent.
    Design them with the tenant in mind.
    Purchase from the developer at wholesale.
    And offer incentives to the tenant(subsidy and savings)

These areas include being near hospitals(for doctors etc to rent) and on the fringe of CBDs(lawyers.)
    They work with developers and onsell the apartments to investors.
    Figures like these were used:
    Cost $400,000
    10% Deposit $40,000
    Negioated discount from 10-30% $40,000
    Deposit held in Solictors account until completed earning 4% int.
    On completion 18mths to 2yrs later apartments revalued say $450000.
    Bank lends 80% of new valuation $360000 therefore you now have about $90000 equity.
    The presenter had the gift of the gab with the figures.
    From what I can see the whole system depends on capital gains and that the tenant will be paying the high rent required to fund the loan.

Also being new there is high depreciation able to be claimed and therefore a high tax refund.

Line of Credit was also mentioned and how to use it to your advantage.

Memership of Investors Forum involves a once only fee of $3500. This is for all the family and entitles you to attend all their three day seminars. However after the first seminar you will be liable for a fee of about $150 for food and expenses.
    Also you are entitled to mentoring and appointments with tax and financial experts.

One development in Takapuna on the North Shore of Auckland called Shoal Haven is now nearing completion. This building has 133 apartments all presold to Investor Forum investors.

Pounamu at Queenstown has recently started to be built.

It took him 1 hour before he asked for questions
    We had a form to fill out if we required another meeting. We have required another meeting.

I don’t think I have enough equity to be able to buy into the scheme AND it is very dependent on capital gains.

I hope this long ramble can be understood.

Regards

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Muppet,

They do free seminar in Sydney also. I went about 2 month ago. Rest you already wrote in your long post.[:P] Speaker must be old guy.

I just noticed they said fees is just 2k or 2.5k that time.
    Cheers

@muppet

Hi Amit

No not an old guy. This one lives in Taupo and was once a Baptist Minister.

Sorry it was so long, we sat still for a long time.

You had to be quick to write things down. He used a whiteboard and markers and kept rubbing it clean.

The $3500 fee seemed to be reasonable but I would need more info to consider it further. Anyway I haven’t got that sort off money unless I send the wife out to work and also get her to stop smoking.

Regards

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Investors Forum – Report’ is closed to new replies.