All Topics / Opinionated! / Pinky and others…lets sart again….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

War and Peace…

Hi Pinky and others …

I’m Sorry[B)],

I feel we can all be a bit bit one eyed at times.

Most of my life I have done things “out of the box” and created waves…even managed to make a few enemies along the way without trying.

And havinging a Mortgage Program written in 1993 that All Banks in Aussie have bastardised..in otherwords you missout on some big benefits. It is also operating in the UK and Ireland…5 million Pounds worth of Mortgages a month, and like me my, associate over there runs a one man show…saving customers a fortune.

I was castigated by my competitors in Real Estate/ Mortgages… for having the audcity to buy some of my own litings in 1972.
    Anybody else could have done the same.

What they didn’t realise was that the vendor suggested that I buy from him and showed me how it was done, even left in a 20% unregistered 2nd Mortgage…That was the start of my real education. I paid Market price at the time, like every one else.

I resigned from the REI and eventually that bloody useless thing they called Multilist… now defunct like it should be.

If the REI were doing their job…why are only 2% of the Industry trusted. Simply because most agents were engaged in other employment the month before.

Free Agent at last…. even whacked my fees up and piled on the service.

My competitors had overpriced Listings…to get Vendor to sign up…then the conditioning process began…the dam weekly letters wer already in their computers ready to be mailed out. YUK!

I recall one night in 1971 asking Dad to explain the difference between a 1st & 2nd Mortgage…. True. So I can relate to the “newbie” questions. Yeah, I know, can be a bit of a drag…when we know most of it and think everyone should know.

Read Steve’s Book again, even if you don’t agree with all of it’s contents…I don’t. But I’ll bet he accepts that,that is okay.

The reason it’s an easy read…he tells it how it was and is…doesn’t have to do anything but write from the heart, there are no contradictions…you see when you tell or right the truth…as it happened.. you don’t need to remember anything…cause it’s all in your sub concious…he only had to transfer it to print.
    And in a style that a 12 year old could read and comprehend it… that’s the way it should be. I’m sure most enjoyed the journey,like I did.

You and I may not agree with everything… cause we all have a mind of our own and select what we can relate to or wish to.

To be frank with you my first 11 sales all fell through in 1971. Cause I got no help/guidance. After 8 months I left and bought my own Agency.The original owner held the company lic. until I was eligible… 2 years and 4 months.

I could tell you a lot more about my career and “just like some of you”…got hurt financially…NAB ripped me off (or Staff member did).. stole a profitable A$ trade worth $25k in one night.

I got bored with Real Estate… I owned a third share in 111 Units/ houses…”sold” out my equity to one of my partners for a $100,000
    ( 1974 money)I got $47,000 2 years later… hand shake deal with a friendly partner
    That same year I sold a home to my In-Laws for $36,000. On April 17th this year I sold that very same house for $585,000.

In other words, Pinky and others, if you think you have been a victim…crap we allow things to happen …I didn’t cross my T’s and dot my i’s…and relied on a verbal deal with a hand shake.You can do that in the bush…but not the City.

So what did my $53,000 inexperience really cost me in todays dolls.$861,250 and a Bankruptcy 1976.

So why do I do things like Coaching those new to R/E and Mortgages…cause I’m bloody good at it. What they find difficult, is second nature to me now… and helping gives me a good feeling…. and them too… because very quickly the realise I’m fair dinkum and know what I’m talking about.

I also know that if you haven’t had a few down times, it’s because you’re walking in your safe comfort zone. In other words… you are tiptoeing, safely through life until your Death

One young guy who responded to my offer has been “stiched” up on a single mansion style appt. for $700,000 and he earns just $35,000pa with a wife and 2 kids…. How can I not fight on his behalf and try get him out of it.Done it before.

Let me wind the clock back to 1969…dragged to Vietnam for the best part of a year a “Forward Scout” for our Platoon. Three of us in the Company…1 KIA..,1 WIA , and yes I got back, only to have red paint thrown at us in Sydney coming home “Baby Killers” some shouted.

The RSL said “it wasn’t a real war”…
    Ten bloody long years.

The mates that came home in body bags…504…
    6 KIA from my Platoon alone, of just30 men..
    yeah I know, boys when we arrived in Vietnam as 21yr olds, going on 50 ..12 months later.
    On arrival home, some drank, some suicided,others drove long distant trucks to be on their own.

I chose to work 12-16 hours a day… heart attack and Bypass stopped all that in 1999. But, hey…I feel great and have my hands full with several projects. One of which is to Trail Bike Ride the entire length of Vietnam ..Hanoi to Binh Ba..South of Saigon… 2250 km. To try and make amends and raise funds for schools and orphanages.

Our group has being doing reconstruction work since 1994.Schools, orphanages, clean water etc The solo bike ride is my contribution…and I’m not fooling myself…I’m mainly doing it for me.

Just like answering Q’s on the Forum and offering my time as a coach to those less experienced… and yes, Im doing it for me… others will benefit & that’s great.

I’m finding this pretty heavy going guys, but it might help some of the less skilled and those just starting out if we can wind our own clocks back to when we first started.

Just when I though things were behind me in 1994, my brother was climbing through a fence at our farm, with a loaded rifle… he was found on the fence line an hour later. Imagine having to go and tell Mum and Dad. John was number 3 of 6 Boys.

Yesterday I received a letter from a Vietnam Vet. reminding me “it was 35 years since we lost Andy”
    How could I forget…I see him and the others most nights and some days…after 34+ years

Guess I’ve spilled my guts… but that’s me and the above yarn is probably why? So Pinky is entitled to be and feel like she does…come on back girl.. I mean Lady, but I aint into leather whips… and the only request is that you don’t type in caps…we can hear you.

I’ll go and have a coffee and if I still feel okay about this and think it might help our group I’ll hit the submit button.

We haven’t met yet Steve & Co, and I don’t go to seminars, and in a round about way, myself and others are promoting your biz and forum, and I’m sure we are happy to do so…you provided it and like your book and pc +system it’s a credit to you and your team…so when we do get to meet I like lobster and it’s your shout……
    And with 56 years of “gut feelings” under my belt I know that you won’t edit this post.

Thanks for listening to all who bother to read.

Billfromoz

Bill O’Mara

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

bill – man that was good. ill read posts like that anyday. i like reading pinky’s also.

we all have different temperaments. pinky’s is more ‘artistic, reactionary, risky and poetic’.

yours is obviously stoic, passionate and probably more conservative than pinky’s.

either way – ive forgiven you[:D]

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Good on you Bill, sounds like you have had a varied life!!

I miss Pinky I’m still catching up in the General Discussion and all new forums, but she was a lot of fun in Forum Fun.

Arty, and all other Artys that help him get his posts up [:O](if they know you I reckon they must know Pinky) can you see if Pinky will come back.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Bill

Great stuff. You’ve certainly had a very eventful life.

I enjoy reading the thoughtful replies to newbies questions that you frequently post.
    They sometimes help to motivate me when I need a reminding about something that I may have forgotten or not thought of.

For my part I appreciate you giving of your vast experience in the art of property investing.

When I see your name and also Westans, Minimoguls, Steves and one or too others they are usually the first postings that I read each day.

And Bill KEEP the postings coming.

Regards

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Bill

I for one thanks you sharing your knowledge. If i can learn from your hard knocks in life , I know i will be a better person for it.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of pinit2000pinit2000
    @pinit2000

Hi Bill,

In one of your posts you wrote:

quote:

You and a few others considered that I was teaching the experienced few, here, to “suck eggs” or that I have an ulterior motive.

And I have often read your posts where you say that you want to help people because you are a really nice guy.

I suscribed to your emailing list and it didn’t take too long before you started advertising for a property that was for sale. (Presumably one that YOU are trying to sale.)

So.

1) Are you sure you have no ulterior motive in helping people?

2) Do you still sell property?
    (Notice I did not say “Are you a real estate agent?”)

3) Can you still obtain mortgages for people?

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but an answer will help clear up things?

Also how much does it cost to obtain your “mortgage software” and what does it do?

Answers to these questions would be of interest to most.

Cheers,

Pin

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

Pinit…

Gimme a break…

Yes I did say that some thought I had an ulterior motive.

The real estate adverts you refer to were…
    examples of my Editorial Style adverts..
    4 properties shown…one was the deceased estate of my in laws…settled 17/4/2003

the other 3 were 1995/96 adverts that sold on the 1st weejkend @ the advertised price… look at the prices…50% of todays prices

No I have no properties for sale and have not offered any for sale

I don’t arrange mortgages… I show people how to structure them. What you don’t realise is that I was the guy in Aussie that had the MCP written in 1993…the Banks copied that…refer to statement from Citibank admitting they copied it.

Would you like a copy of the letter from the 1995 Advance Bank Manager that wrote to clients to introduce me.

You can’t get or buy my soft ware… only one other person on the planet has it…and it works justas well in the Uk and Ireland.

You are so wrong it’s not even funny

Please have the decency to give me your subscribed name so I can save my time… I have not been to bed since yesterday morning…. check my posts sice then… and ask on the forum who has rung or emailed me and nobody has been offered anything other than advice and emails….and nobody has paid me any money and I haven’t asked for any…cause it’s FREE

As I said… gimme a break…I’m buggered

Bill

Profile photo of pinit2000pinit2000
    @pinit2000

Hey, why are so many people on the defensive lately?

I was just asking! … Politely I might add.

I said:

quote:

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, but an answer will help clear up things?

OK you have cleared things up! and I feel all the better for it. (yes really!)

Your software seems interesting. What does it actually do?

You said:

quote:

I don’t arrange mortgages… I show people how to structure them

This would make a GREAT!! thread. (or have you already discussed this here?)

Pin

p.s:
    You said:

quote:

You are so wrong it’s not even funny

Since when asking questions is wrong? [;)]

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Bill,

Sorry but on first look I also felt same as Pin thought.

We are looking forward getting more emails from you I was in Cowra on sunday looking for property..[:D].

Pls Peace [:0)][:X][:X][:X]

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

For f#$@’s sake what is going on in this place? Do we have to try and snipe at each other constantly or is it more profitable than investing?

I’ve gotta say – take it offline people. Not everyone will get along, we’re all different.

Perhaps my understanding of the soapbox concept is different to everyone elses. Constructive dialogue please.

In the last week this place has gone to hell. I haven’t been around a long time but it was fairly positive and constructive until the past 7 days or so – is it a full moon or something?

(Apologies for my simulated bad language at beginning of post)

Profile photo of HueyHuey
    Participant
    @huey

Hi All,

Most of the times we disagree or in doubt because we don’t understand each others. There is nothing wrong in asking questions and in fact it’s better to clear misunderstandings than to keep them to ourselves. We all can minimise conflicts by asking and answering questions in a nice & polite tone.

This is an informative and friendly forum. Steve is the Host and he sets up this forum to promote his methodology & belief in positive cashflow property investment. We are in it to acquire knowledge and to help each other in this field. I don’t know how you feel but for myself I feel like I’m in someone’s house that I must respect the host and follow certain house rules.

I appreciate greatly what I’ve learned from all of you.

Regards

Huey

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Well said Huey

quote:

I don’t know how you feel but for myself I feel like I’m in someone’s house that I must respect the host and follow certain house rules.

I appreciate greatly what I’ve learned from all of you.

Regards

Huey

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.