All Topics / Forum Frolic / One for the Accountants

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

3 blokes walk into a pub to get a room for the night. Owner says its $30 per night for the room, so each one of the guys pulls $10 out of their pockets, pays the owner, and they walk off to their room.

The owner suddenly realises that its Monday night, and they have a special rate of only $25 per night. He reaches into the till and takes out the $5 change (5 x $1 coins) to give back to the guys.

As he is about to knock on the door he looks at the five $1 coins in his palm and realises it will be difficult to divide it by 3, so he decides to pocket $2 for himself and just give the guys back a $1 each.

So he gives them back a dollar each. They originally paid $10, got $1 back so they only paid $9 each. and $9 x 3 = $27, plus the $2 the owner put in his pocket = total $29!

Where did the extra dollar go?????????????

Keep thinking ,

Battz

Profile photo of neologismneologism
    @neologism

i dont know, but there is 25 in the till, the man has 2 and the other guys each have there 3 back, and that adds upto 30, so i dont know where ya $1 is!

NEO

NICE ONE BRUVA!! Nice One Bruv! nice one

Profile photo of neologismneologism
    @neologism

arhh i got how ya did it now!!
    had me f*#ked!

NEO

NICE ONE BRUVA!! Nice One Bruv! nice one

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71
    Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

[:D]

Ive never got that joke… LOL

[:D]

Its almost as bad as tricky the kids when they young…. count my finger, from 10 down.

10,9,8,7,6 on this hand and 5 on the other hand makes 11 fingers !!~ [:)][:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

[:)]
    “Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of drhappydrhappy
    @drhappy

The point is they didn’t pay $30 or $29 they paid $27 and there is $25 in the till and the man has $2 in his sky rocket.

Cheers Drhappy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.