All Topics / Heads Up! / Thanks for the Tip 2

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

G’day all,

Sorry to bore people with another story, but too often the “good news” stories aren’t told.

When I embarked on my first IP venture approx 4 weeks, I decided to use one of Steve’s tips and talk with the locals. So at 7am I decided to drive down the main street of this country town and have a coffee. The local bakery was open so that seemed a great choice. I sat there drinking my coffee reviewing the list of properties I was to inspect that day. I was the only person in the bakery, and the woman in her 40’s working there came up to me and asked what i was doing. I said that I was looking at purchasing an investment property. I was hoping to receive some local knowledge on the town but instead she immediately replied,

“Well if you buy a 4 bedroom home I’d appreciate it if you would let me know. The family has grown and there are no 4 bedroom houses available in the town for rent.” I told her I would let her know if I did.

I had achieved two things, one is I found a potential tennant, and secondly found that 4 bedroom homes were in short supply.

As it turned out I purchased a 3 bedroom home, but the 3rd bedroom was so large it would be divided into two.

Two weeks later I returned to the town to view another property. I stopped at the bakery to see if the woman who was interested in the 4 bedroom house was there (as i hadn’t taken her contact details…doh![:P]) . She wasn’t working, so i left a card for her with my contact details.

To my surprise I received a call from her yesterday enquiring about the property. I gave her the address and suggested she drive past it to see if it was what she was after. An hour later she called back very excited stating she loved it. She then went on to say that she would like a long term lease, 2 years, as her husband was one of the local police and they wanted to remain in the town for several years!

My point is, Thanks again Steve! If I hadn’t of read Steve’s book I wouldn’t have thought of stopping and having a chat to the locals.

Cheers,

Battz

P.S. No, Im not being paid a commission by Steve, and its too late to suck up to be one of his “Property Millionaires”[:(]

P.S.S. Am I looking for another 4 bedroom home in this town….you bet![:D]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write this.

It just goes to show that at least some (and perhaps most!) of the techniques that worked 3 years still work today.

Good luck with the rental.

Perhaps you can now get the word around the Cop Shop and see if some coppers want to share a property that’s local to the station too!

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Battz,

Thanks for sharing that positive story with us.

You are a success! Congratulations.

Regards,

Del

Profile photo of stuck-at-twostuck-at-two
    @stuck-at-two

What suburb/state? [:)]

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

Why would you want my Suburb/State [:P]

Profile photo of powmowpowmow
    @powmow

it sounds like stuck-at-two wants info on PI’s handed to him on a silver platter……

[:P] Powmow [:P]

Profile photo of MalcolmMalcolm
    @malcolm

I got to say, Even though Im only 25, that is common sense. (talking to the locals).

Of the top of my head, i can think of one good one. Talk to friends that have been living in the area for a while.

= common sense

Key issues I find are the following.

a)Money Management
    b)Good area with Obvious Market growth.
    c)KNOW! the tax system.

lol, I say all of this… but do I have the knowledge yet.. awnser is no. I do not yet.

Just thoughts…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.