All Topics / General Property / IP loans for the financially disabled

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Hi Guys,

I’m hoping someone can come up with some creative ideas!!

Here’s the situation……….

I’ve been employed for the last two years. Prior to that, for 5 years I ran my own home-based small business. After 5 years of sitting in my house, I actually craved a ‘normal’ job, so did a stupid thing and went and got one!!! [xx(] Initially, when I started working for myself, any time I approached a lender, all they did was laugh. [:0)] Ok, so fair enough. After a couple of years this problem faded and all was good. I had no probs getting finance immediately upon going back to work (same industry). Now it starts to get tricky – I want to go back to sitting in my house (again same industry). First of all the novelty of having a job has worn off. Second, pretty soon it’s going to get too difficult to manage property, do deals, renovate property and adequately keep the 9-5 commitment. Working from home is the way to go, I can choose hours and commitments and will have more free time back.

All good you say, not so!! My problem is finance. I contacted my usual lender, they will not even consider me for two years, even though I have 5 years of history and full financials to back me up. It’s not taken into consideration because I went back to work. I’m not in a position where I can be classed as a professional investor – even then I have to serve the same two year sentence.
    [:(]

I know some lenders are ok with 1 year, but even that kills me ( I could potentially deal with about 3 months – if I had to!). Low-doc’s loans baffle me, since again the same type of sentence has to be served, only you don’t have to provide full financials. It baffles me because if you have served the time, you have the evidence to back it up![?]

Comments pleeeeese…………

Cheers
    Kym

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

“Low-doc’s loans baffle me, “

use a mortgage broker and let them do all the bafflement

Profile photo of MelanieMelanie
    @melanie

Agree Mini!

Kym there are heaps of lenders who will take the fact that you are in the same industry with previous self-employed history into account, plus as you noted with low-doc options it may become a non-issue depending on your deposit/equity funds and the properties you are buying.

There are quite a few broker folk on the site including me – drop one of us a line, you’re sure to have a lot more good low cost options than you think!

[:)]
    Mel
    [email protected]
    Brisbane

Profile photo of KewlDudeKewlDude
    @kewldude

Ok, thanks guys. I’ll stop my whining now. I just had so many problems getting any form of credit when I first started working for my self; I started to get paranoid about the situation, before I’d even thought about it!

Cheers for your comments
    Kym

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.