All Topics / Heads Up! / Re Steve’s final say (I can’t do it therefore….)

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of martinwmartinw
    @martinw

I’d like to put my tuppence-worth in, as the topic was not left up long enough for me to do so.

I have to say that many of you have ABSOLUTELY missed the point.

It was very amusing reading all the responses to my submissions. Yes I was one of the “negatives”, but interestingly you all made assumptions about the type of person I am. I have my own business, I have an investment property and I am always looking for investment opportunities. You lot turned a book critique into a crusade against negative thinking, and anyone that does not share your opinions must be some kind of loser.

It’s not about having the wherewithal to get up and do it. My criticism was about a book that, in my opinion, sells itself on the premise that anyone can become a millionaire, when the truth is only a small percentage will actually go on to be millionaires. It’s about making a shed-load of money based upon a situation that is unrealistic for the majority of those that buy it. It’s like being a marathon winner and selling a book to a bunch of lard-arses on how you can become a marathon winner too; technically feasible, but wildly unlikely.

Let’s see how you can all warp this one (purple monkey dishwasher).

Profile photo of EcclesEccles
    @eccles

purple monkey dishwasher….
    Love it!!![:D]

True but not true.

Technically it is feasible. That is true.

And it is true that a great many people who buy the book whether on marathon running or property investing will not go ahead and become millionares.

But you also having an investment company would also see how many people who you give great information to also tend to tweak it to suit theselves ie What if I ate Museli for brekky instead of Fibre Plus (you know what I mean!)

That I think is why so many people fail because they tweak it to suit themselves or to remain within a certain level of comfort like accepting 8.7% return instead of 10.4%. As it is too hard for them.

You are right in many ways because that is human nature.

purple gorilla, dishcloth [:D]

Bronwen

If the good die young then I will live forever

Profile photo of Johnny1Johnny1
    @johnny1

Dear MARTINW & ECCLES – I hope you’re both not inferring that I’m a “lard-arse” and like to “remain within a certain level of comfort like accepting 8.7% return instead of 10.4%. As it is too hard for” me – just because on 03/10/2003 I put a posting in under “8.75% p.a. for Just Sitting on Your Bum” which is now under the “General Investing” forum. [:(!]

Well, come to think of it – I am starting to put on a bit of weight around my bum but then again – If I can sit on my bum and make some money – then so be it. [8D][8D][8D] [:D][:D][:D]

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Just to clarify…

IMHO, being negative is being overly pessimistic without any suggestions for imporvement.

Being constructively critical is identifying problems and then offering solutions too.

I’d like for this forum to be full of posts of the latter rather then the former.

quote:

My criticism was about a book that, in my opinion, sells itself on the premise that anyone can become a millionaire, when the truth is only a small percentage will actually go on to be millionaires. It’s about making a shed-load of money based upon a situation that is unrealistic for the majority of those that buy it.

You need to make your own conclusions about the book. I remain steadfast in the belief I’m just an ordinary guy who faithfully followed a system through the good and bad times.

I’m in the minority because I didn’t let people telling me that it couldn’t be done stop me from giving it a try.

And in the end, that’s made all the difference.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of EcclesEccles
    @eccles

Aargh I wasn’t trying to offend any one! I didn’t read your post.

If you are doing great at your level with what you are doing terrific.

It was just a generalised comment as to why people with the same tools will come up with totally different results.

Believe me I can not brag about anything at this stage.

Bronwen

If the good die young then I will live forever

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

A wise old man once told me:

“don’t offer me a problem son, offer me a solution”

http://www.posigear.8k.com

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

My Tuppence

“You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink” … But some will!

Cheers
    Leigh K[:D]

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of stuck-at-twostuck-at-two
    @stuck-at-two

Shut up, get over it and tell me how to make more money please.

@the-diy-dog-wash

This is humour, yes[?]

Profile photo of BillfromozBillfromoz
    Participant
    @billfromoz

G’day…

Who said..”You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make it drink”.

Give the horse some salt first and it will.

Billfromoz

@the-diy-dog-wash

TheManFromOz

That sounds like a solution to a problem, to me![:D]

Cheers

Profile photo of CanineCanine
    Participant
    @canine

Steve,

Just finished reading your book. Very inspirational. Congratulations on your success!
    I have gained a lot of insight and look forward to acquiring my first investment property very soon.

Looking forward to reading more from you.

[:)]Canine[:)]

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

I think what Billfromoz, said about the horse is getting to the crux of the matter.
    When you ‘hurt’ bad enough, you’re motivated to change the way things are, into what they can be. Or let’s put an ambitious spin on things… If you are ‘thirsty’ enough,,,you WILL look for water. It’s the inbuilt survival chip.
    In MY opinion, Steve’s book is an honest approach to how, when things ‘hurt’ for him, he DID something about it. Steve had setbacks too, but whilst reading one of my friends books (Falkson, Alan J. Investing in Real Estate on a Budget), something was made very clear… Anyone can do good things on a good day, it’s those people that can move on after having a bad morning, who can let go of the morning and make the afternoon successful, that’s the real test. That’s how one can change to outshine the rest.

I’ve read Steve’s book (minus pages 60-84 [;)][:D]). Has the climate changed?
    Is there still positive cash flow properties? Will interest rates rise?
    Well people, for then next 24 hours, I’m selling crystal balls for $30 each. Now I can’t guarantee you’ll get the answer your looking for, but I do know that if you spent 1 hour looking into the ball, you’ll have wasted 1 hour when you could have been out there searching for factual answers, rather than speculating on would be’s, could be’s and maybe’s.
    (Please Don’t email me asking for a Crystal ball, I’m not really selling them..)[:0)]
    We all choose why we don’t do things that could change our lives. No matter how many tools are in your toolshed, if you don’t use them, they’re worth very little.
    The onus isn’t on Steve, who’s just given us a tool, it’s on us, to use the tool to get the job done.
    If you don’t want to do it Steve’s way, that’s your choice too. Best of luck with whatever path you choose! (By the way, in all my travels, I’ve never heard of a perfect road before!)

Every book has it’s good and bad points. For me, If I can make it through the first 7 pages without falling asleep, then it’s a book worth reading. [;)][:D]

This isn’t a critisism of anyone’s post, just my 10 minutes worth.

By the way, I must have been on a different planet when this was explained, but what is this saying

quote:

purple monkey dishwasher

?

Cheerio
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of martinwmartinw
    @martinw

quote:

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Tell that to Einstein and his quest for a Grand Unified Theory!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.