All Topics / General Property / Insight on Brisbane CBD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of CaribbeanCaribbean
    Participant
    @caribbean

Hi all, I just spent the last 9 hours on a plane reading 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years and think the book is great.

Can anyone share which suburbs are worth investing in that are near the Brisbane CBD. I am interested in Brisbane mainly because I have heard that things are happening there but as I do not know Brisbane I would appreciate any help from those who do.

I’m working overseas but want to invest and do not limit my options to Brisbane, had a look at some properties nearer to the coast and was told to consider Ipswich but know little about QLD.

Thanks in advance, I hope to buy something in the next 3-6 mths for investment in case you are wondering.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Caribbean

Wish i could say “Welcome to sunny Qld” today but alas not.

We have our offices in Milton and feel that the Brisbane market is certainly starting to ease.

Auction clearance rates over the last 4 weeks have fallen and whilst certainly in some suburbs the activity is still frantic in others there is a definate softening.

With regards to Ipswich it is our pinion that you may have missed the market.

Most of our clients are buying in Regional Qld where prices are still affordable and in fact only recently have started to see price appreciation.

A recent client purchased a property through us on a buy / lease and hold strategy with a 60 settlement. The property was revalued by his Bank on settlement and had risen by nearly 10% more than covering his acquisition costs

Cheers Richard
    [email protected]

There is no such thing as a problem.
    Just a solution waiting to be found

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of enduserenduser
    @enduser

By “Regional” you probably mean coastal, but I might be wrong. How about a few specific suggestions?

Profile photo of Evee10Evee10
    @evee10

Get your hands on the mag Property Investor – it has some good recommendations for Qld. A friend recently bought in Cairns, which is poised for a move they say, to catch up to the rest of Qld.

Profile photo of CaribbeanCaribbean
    Participant
    @caribbean

Thank you all, appreciate the advice. I have a copy of the latest Property Investor Magazine and am working my way through it.

Cairns is of interest to me however I know less about Cairns than I do Brisbane so will have to do more research on the area. Cheers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.