All Topics / Opinionated! / new person

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of lister6lister6
    @lister6

Are there any investers that earn under 55k im new and want to invest I have 30k and am renting at the moment.Is this better for investing?.What area,need some input I have 2 kids.Does anyone wath survivor.

Profile photo of pinit2000pinit2000
    @pinit2000

OK here is an answer!

Let me summarise.
    – You have 2 kids
    – You earn 30,00K p.a.
    – You are reteried

Let’s see:
    – Looks like a good pention to me! (or is it a wage??)

– Do you have equity in your own home? (What is your house worth and is there any mortgage on it. If yes, how much?)

Pin

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

lister6

There have been previous postings on the topic owing vs renting. If you do a search you should find things. Steve had been renting when he first started.

bribie

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey lister
    I am on less than $55K and have quite a few investment properties. I have never purchased my own home, but have lived with parents, and my partner, and now with parents again.
    I guess it depends what your goal is. You have a good deposit saved (inherited?) up for either purpose. If you have no debts, you should qualify for finance fairly easily (unless self employed [:(]).
    If you buy a PPOR first, it will reduce your deposit, and perhaps borrowing power.
    However if you invest for +ve cashflow, it may mean you can rent in a nicer place, or use the income to purchase more property with a view to not working at some point in the near future.
    There have been many posts on areas to invest in. Personally, I’m looking in regional areas where house prices are under $100K and rent for enough to meet Steve’s 11 Sec Solution.

I think your other question was if anybody watches Survivor? Sorry, can’t help you there.

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.