All Topics / General Property / separate lease for bungalow?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of loressloress
    @loress

Hoping someone knows the answer to this one:

I am looking at an 80k three bedroom house with a fully self contained bungalow (kitchen/bedroom/bathroom). Can these be leased independently? Has anyone any experience in this area and if the average rent for a 3 bedroom is $140 what would you set for the bungalow – I cannot seem to find any similar properties to gauge by, how have you handled parking – who gets the garage, who gets the driveway, who takes the bins out, mows the lawns, weeds etc. I know I could ask the REA, however I get the impression I will loose in terms of negotiating power – it’s hard not to be excited, ’cause this one just might be my first positive ip.

On a side note: I spent most of Saturday going from potential house to house and (even though I thought it might be look a little… silly??) turned up to each house with our clip board and check list (the approach the agents took was different to the “no clip board” inspections – one agent even commented about us “obviously doing our research”) I’d now fill rather stoopid to not take all those extra little notes – thanks for that tip Steve, p.s. the casual clothes and talking to the yokels (oops locals) was a *HUGE* bonus too.

Jen

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.