All Topics / General Property / Future use for renovated property

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of caseycasey
    Participant
    @casey

We are currently renovating a property on a main Rd (Brisbane Rd) which is 5 minutes by car from Ipswich city centre.

This area is being developed with a lot of the original houses being demolished and units erected or houses used as home based businesses.

Opoosite us a Bed and Breakfast is being developed.

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated on whether we should renovate keeping in mind our house could be used for a commercial/home based businees

Profile photo of ActTodayActToday
    Participant
    @acttoday

Casey, you should look at the house you have, size, condition etc and do the sums. What would your return be as Commercial and what would your return be as units. What is your plan, sell or hold? One of our properties was a rejuv and sell but part way through we discovered it’s to be re-zoned soon so our strategy changed. Looking through Sooshie’s links, someone suggested the Planning and Infrastructure web site. I found this fantastic and has made me change strategy as I found info that will affect my particular area down the track. Have a look.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.