All Topics / Forum Frolic / Creating waves at work

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

I had to post this, it was the highlight of my week.. “I hope i can put this in this category, the boards are coming unstitched lately..”
    [:)]

Since the start of this year we have had a new Development manager, the structure is 1 IT manager, 1 Dev mgr, 2 team leader, 18 developers (senior analysts/programmers/form design..etc)

Well this new Dev mgr has created more stress on the department, more documentation, more work less chargeable work, and the budget and performance of the dept has dropped… he has a bad management style, his a dictator not a leader.. etc and he doesnt listen to you, he just tells you want he wants. We were planning a day that we all didnt arrive at work.

well i was verbally told off by him for not putting in my hours into a new system he put in place…. blah… [:(!]

So i typed a 2 A4 sized email to his boss the IT mgr with all the goss from the dept (without names of course).. well the IT mgr called me in to discuss it on Friday.. (2 hour meeting).. we have gotten along well for a couple of years.. He was shocked at what i told him.. so he called the offending manager in to talk to him for another 2 hours.
    My team mates are very happy we kicked butt. our manager has avoided me since, he walked out the meeting with a red face.[8D]

Power to the people…[:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

“Why work to the age where you cant enjoy
    what you have worked for !.” (Author: Me)

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Arty

Soooooo is that why the postings have dropped off.

I’ve still got $100 on you to be the first with 1000 postings. I want to seeeeee what sort of badge of honour you get. You know it might inspire some of us to contribute more.

Changing the subject…
    How do I open a winmail.dat attachment that I got with an email pretty pleeeeease?
    At the moment I am listening to Pink Floyd.

Regards

Profile photo of ArtyArty
    Participant
    @arty

muppet….

this may help ?

quote:

WINMAIL.DAT attachment to messages

Document ID: 1552HQ

ISSUE:

Messages come in with an attached file “WINMAIL.DAT” or “AT00001.DAT” and neither Eudora nor any other program can open it.

SOLUTION:

Eudora doesn’t open attachments. Eudora just passes them to the program that is registered with Windows to open that type of attachment (eg. Eudora asks Word to open .DOC files). Once you receive an attachment it is automatically decoded and stored in your designated Attachment directory. Opening that file is no different from opening a file that was given to you on a floppy disk by a friend–if you don’t have the program that originally created that file, you most likely won’t be able to open it.

A .DAT file is a data file and many different applications use them. It is unlikely that any one program is registered in Windows with the File Association for .dat; this is why Eudora would not be able to guess what to open this type of file with WINMAIL.DAT is a proprietary Outlook file that allows Outlook users to send Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF) information (see Microsoft’s technical support article at http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q241/5/38.ASP). This TNEF information is unopenable and irrelevant outside of Outlook.

Last Modified: 11/17/1999

Keywords: EPWIN, ALLCARDS, WINMAIL, DAT

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hey muppet/Arty

Unless Arty gets a move on he’s going to lose you $100 muppet. I see that Sooshie is up to around 800! Unless as an admin type she is not included in your competition.

Cheers
    Mel

Participant
    @arty

muppet/melbear7.. I could just post to myself, give myself a question and answer.. LOL [:D]

Ive been a bit busy lately.. I hire extra Artys to login for me !!> [;)]

Regards,
    Arty.

Participant
    @arty

muppet.. i got to ask… why do you call yourself muppet ? [:)]
    Did you like the show.. the muppets… ?[:D]

Or you like having a hand up the back o……LOL LOL ?[:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Arty and Arty and Arty and Arty

Thought I would get a few Arties in first.

Nearly all my kids have nicknames. The eldest son (Robert) has Buzz for one reason or another.
    Daughter No2 (Hera) is called Sos (short for sausage).
    Son No2 (Benjamin) is called George, not by me but the rest of the family.
    Daughter No3 (Mei) is called Mup or Muppet. Hence the name I am using. This one is only aged 8, while the rest of the family have left home.

You will notice that eldest daughter is not mentioned. Her name remains as Hana.

Hope this is a satisfactory answer? If not, I will try another.

Regards

Participant
    @arty

Arty.. tell muppet!… [;)]

muppet.. that answer is ok… [:D]

I just wasnt sure what your username was named from [:D]

Regards,
    Arty.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.