All Topics / Opinionated! / Hey Steve, what’s going on?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Just went to book on line for the seminar and the early bird discount has been taken away even though I can rememeber seeing earlier this week that the early bird discount was applicable until 3 October. Please explain.

Bribie

Profile photo of GrannyGranny
    @granny

Yeah, Same deal here Bribie. Granny

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

yes i noticed the same thing bribie , but i didnt have the cash just yet anyway. Im still not clear if we have to pay upfront or not.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

When I made the offer it was my intention to end the offer first thing Friday morning.

To this extent the wording was clear… the earlybird offer was available for those ordering up until midnight on the 2nd, but we would have held this open until start of work Friday.

Unfortunately, with time pressures and a hard disk failure, we only got around to changing it on late on Friday afternoon, so some gained an extra bonus.

Sorry if you were caught up in any confusion.

Regards,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Steve,

What may have been clear to you apparently wasn’t that clear as at least a couple of other people attest to. Common sense would have also said that Friday, the end of the week not Thursday would have been the cut off particularly when moved from the 30 September.

I guess there are many other seminars to attend if this is going to be the attitude = we take our money and go elsewhere rather than have the details of the book thrown at us.

Bribie

Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi again,

Well, for what it is worth, the change was made at 5:30pm on Friday – so you are in fact right, we did keep it open until close of business Friday (end of the quarter).

I’m sorry you feel that way, but in my eyes, unless I had of kept to my word (to end the earlybird offer within the reasonable time frame mentioned) then my integrity could reasonably be called into question.

At the end of the day, I’m just honouring what I said I’d do and if you feel that’s too harsh then I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

There are lots of other seminars to choose from where promises mean nothing – mine is not one of them.

Bye,

Steve McKnight

Profile photo of bribiebribie
    Participant
    @bribie

Thanks Steve,

Unfortunately I don’t get on the net much and generally later at night. I gues my Scottish heritage and stubbornness will mean that I have to forgo this one.

I’ll just enjoy and re read the book.

Bribie

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

bribie

I was really alarmed to read your post, it is right up there with another person that has recently been told they were stoning the host.

I started writing something else, but I am too stunned to continue it, I can’t beleive that people can be so deplorably rude to someone who has done so much freely for people.

You obviously don’t know Steve but I am sure that you can gather from his very controlled replies to you that he is very tollerant.

Your comments were very uncalled for.

Cheers
    Leigh K

Carve your own path and lead the way …

Profile photo of OzbravoOzbravo
    @ozbravo

Hi Guys…

I agree with Leigh (theENJOLady)

Steve gives so much for free and I think he’s entitled run the “user pays” side of his business as he sees fit.

This forum is for those interested and like minded in building an IP portfolio.

The light humour and friendly banter in the forums is great but lets get back to business.The bitching belongs in chat rooms or perhaps a Dr Phil forum?

For my money Steve should be shown a little more courtesy…otherwise he might pull the plug.

Anyway thats my 2 bobs worth…Thanks Steve and Co.

Rob [:)]

Participant
    @bear1964

Greetings all

I can see that Bribie has great disappointment in his post and its sad he will let that stop him maybe achieving more.

I also was disappointed, however I could have been wrong with what I assumed, its not matter, Steve has been very generous with is time and effort and I applaud him for all his positives, and he has many.

ATM I am scared shitless I am in the process of setting up a family trust and taking a loan out on my family home for the biggest gamble of my life to be used for deposits for investment properties, I HATE DEBT……….LOL. (This is hard for me to admit but I am even shaking)[B)]. But its now time for me to practice what I preach in regards to Feel the Fear and do it anyway. This is very scary for me as I am relying on the careers pension if these properties don’t work for me. But I thank Steve for this forum and his book, it has given me a great opportunity to network with excellent people like all of you on this forum. [:O]

Steve and all Forumites I thank you for giving me the courage to step out of my comfort zone, the rest is up to me now.

Regards Bear
    [:0)]

@the-diy-dog-wash

Bear

I love reading posts like yours and Cobra’s, they remind me of how I felt only 6 months ago. The first deal is so hard but once you make that offer the adrenalin starts to flow and you are so hyped up and when the offer is accepted you go higher and for a split second you think oh **** we just bought a ****** house, and then back to oh my god we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The second one and third etc just get better from there.

I always ask myself what is the very worst thing that I have to do if things go bad. Sell! Reduce rent! No big deal, do your due diligance and you will do well. Just remember if the numbers don’t stack up then don’t do the deal.

Good Luck
    Leigh K[:D]

Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Thanks for the comments of support.

Sometimes I have to shake my head in disbelief (sometimes shock) at the things people write.

I’m never disappoineted though. What people say is indicative of how people act and it’s not too hard to spot those that will be successful from those that will struggle.

But it’s all about a journey rather than an outcome.

As for this forum resource. It’s free, right? Its value is in the way we help each other!

To this extent, all I ever want is for the posts to be relevant and for there to be more helpers than those needing help.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

P.S. I’ve missed you Leigh!

@the-diy-dog-wash

Oh Shucks[:I]

BTW, that was 300 posts, wooo hooo!

Cheers

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

hello leigh, I am new to these forums and have been browsing different topics but I must applaud you for your many responses which have been very positive and you appear to be very proactive in your approach to property. I can not believe some peoples attitude to steve. I have met steve for all of 2 mins but he comes across as a very warm and genuine person who would do anything for you. So bribie please remember we are not all perfect and mistakes do happen.Think outside the square and move forward. thanks kod

Participant
    @bear1964

Thanks Leigh

That is very encouraging, I think …….LOL[:0)]

Nah seriously it is, thank you!
    Nice to know im not the only one that feels like this at the start, and I haven’t even purchased my 1st property yet, hehehe, actually that’s not what’s scaring me, its using my home as equity that scare’s me, but why let it be stagnant. [;)]

My fear comes from the fact I nearly lost my 1st home many years ago when interest rates got to near 18%. That’s why I stayed away from property investment in the past. I figured, while I have a mortgage I give one of my testicles to the bank to keep in their safe for safekeeping. That way when opportunities come up I don’t have the balls to proceed [:0)]

Regards Bear

@the-diy-dog-wash

J&KLeahy

Thanks for that[:D]

Bear

quote:

Nah seriously it is, thank you!
    Nice to know im not the only one that feels like this at the start, and I haven’t even purchased my 1st property yet, hehehe, actually that’s not what’s scaring me, its using my home as equity that scare’s me, but why let it be stagnant.

My fear was the fear of inaction, I am in my 30’s and I was afraid we would never do something to TRY to more ahead. So in we jumped.

quote:

My fear comes from the fact I nearly lost my 1st home many years ago when interest rates got to near 18%. That’s why I stayed away from property investment in the past. I figured, while I have a mortgage I give one of my testicles to the bank to keep in their safe for safekeeping. That way when opportunities come up I don’t have the balls to proceed

I do recall that period of time when rates were that high and I can appreciate your apprehension, but that is what learning is all about, learning about the risk and risk minimisation. That’s not to say there is no risk but without it there is no gain either. When you are ready you will know.

As for not having the balls to give it a go … I haven’t got any either[;)]

Good luck buddy!

Cheers

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

I’m with Leigh, etc on this one. It is very sad to see that for the sake of a few hundred dollars people let opportunity pass them by.

I have known Steve for a while now and know that the seminar will be a buzz with info and challenge. I know my first seminar with Steve cost $1000 and his first Wrap Secrets Revealed $2000+ and I am so glad I went to the seminar and bought the material because that initial $3000ish outlay has now been returned to me well over 100 fold.

I still set aside every year $5000 to educate myself as I believe I am my greatest asset. (apart from my beautiful wife and kids)
    Your future is determined by the actions you take now. Choose for tomorrow.

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

@the-diy-dog-wash

Just to add to AD[:D], Steve used to say I can show you how to buy a property in your first 30 days. I thought well I won’t be buying one in 30 days, maybe 60 to 90 days. We attended the masters in May/June and bought our first +IP 29 days later and our second one settles today.

So there truely is so much that anyone, new and not so, will get out of attending.

Cheers

Participant
    @bear1964

Hi Leigh and AD

Thanks for your replies.

The ball remark is a flippant one that is just a saying; I don’t make that comment seriously. LOL[:0)]

As far as Steve’s workshop goes I am bending over backwards working out a way to get there, I am in Adelaide and would have to pay for travel and accommodation also and pay interest on all this. I know I will get there and I have told Steve that I just haven’t worked out how this will be achieved yet. I KNOW it will be achieved tho.

Adelaide is often forgotton when it comes to seminars.

Maybe discounts for interstate travelers would be a great idea?

Regards Bear

Profile photo of ADAD
    Participant
    @ad

Hate to tell you Bear but I flew down from Brisbane and paid Accom, etc. How bad do you want it ?

I got no specal favours back then I was just another face in the crowd. If you want to be noticed let your actions speak louder than your words…..

Enjoy
    AD [:0)]
    (Andrew)

It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.