All Topics / Hotch Potch / Spotters Fee issue??

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

G’day All,

Just seeing if we have received any clarification on the legal implications of providing a “Spotters Fee” service.[?] I know that there were discussions that perhaps a licence was required, or that it could be intepreted as providing “professional investment advice”

The reason I ask is that I am off on a road trip[8D] for 3 days (very exciting!) to an area where I purchased an IP 3 weeks ago and am signing a contract on a 2nd. (thanks Steve I wouldn’t be in this position if I hadn’t read your book!)

I have been advised of another 4 properties that are cashflow positive. However I am out of funds for now [:(], so i cant afford to purchase anymore.

I am prepared to view these properties, photograph and video them and provide the details to buyers for a small spotters fee (subject to successful purchase of course). I also have other relevant population growth/capital growth for the region.

If anyone wants to email me at I am happy to provide details of 2 two properties I have already purchased and can discuss further.

Cheers,

Battz

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I mentioned this to a real estate agent friend of mine in NSW. He was of the opinion that no licencing would be necessary to act as a spotter or a buyers agent. It is best to check with the Dept of Fair Trading to be sure. Just ring them up.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of battz71battz71
    Participant
    @battz71

Thanks Terry,

I had been given similar advice. Provided you are not “advising” people to buy these particular properties. It is simply providing information about a certain property and perhaps providing recent sales figues/photss etc and charging a fee.

Cheers,

Battz

P.S. Thanks to those whom have emailed me, sorry in the delay to reply but Telstra Cable email has been down in Qld [:(!]
    But I will reply to everyone and send details/pics once I return on Monday.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi there.
    What is your email address, so that I can email you please – I may be interested in what you can find on your three day hunt.
    You can email me at lrobbie$netspace.net.au
    Cheers
    LR[:I]

Profile photo of SooshieSooshie
    @sooshie

Hi there,

Battz, good hunting on your travels [8D] If you want to post your email, please contact [email protected] first.

Cheers
    Sooshie [:)]

When a problem is created the solution is created simultaneously

Profile photo of TuttsyTuttsy
    @tuttsy

Battz, I would love to drop you an email but son’t seem to be able to find your addy anywhere.
    I am based in Bris. Whereabouts in Qld are u?

There is no turning back.

Profile photo of dagsthedudedagsthedude
    @dagsthedude

Ive searched a few “property sourcing” sites
    and find the original fees can vary,
    Should one charge a percentage of the selling price?
    ?

is it money first details last? or minimal details first then money then full disclosure?
    how do these transaction usually go ahead?

anyone got suggestion?

i have a database of deals that merit further investigation, all over oz.

dags nobody
    the hippie investor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spotters Fee issue??’ is closed to new replies.